What are the best prop firms in NYC

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by knowledgebone, Mar 19, 2003.

1. okwon

okwon

Are you serious? :confused:

Try doing a search on ET for Shill Securities. You'll get the idea. :)

#11     Mar 20, 2003
  2. First NY is more an institutional trading place. AB Watley is not a good place if you actually want to learn to trade and have a chance at making good money. Generic is fair. depending on the office you go too. Every firm has its advantages and its down sides however.

#12     Mar 20, 2003
  3. :)

#13     Mar 20, 2003
  4. Exactly, cause EVERY OTHER FIRM is requiring money down, and First NY is more institutional trading.

#14     Mar 20, 2003
  5. As good as those rates are, they get you on the desk fees and the terrible management and payout. I had a friend there, and he said that when they stood around the water cooler and talked, the management would yell at them to go back to their desks and churn for the firm. My friend left and is making $15g per week now. You might know him, he goes by Marc to Market on ET (who says he's doing that consistently from home with one screen, limited leverage, 3 hrs sleep, not watching the market much of the time, scalping stocks with under 2 yrs experience).

#15     Mar 20, 2003
  6. okwon

okwon

Hmm... maybe I should just stay at my Shill branch instead of going to TM's then. My mentor here, Ernie, is the best and I am learning a lot from him. He has an MBA from Wharton, is huge, and he reads annual financial statements like most guys read Playboys. The only thing that bugs me is that the office smells like meat and cheese all day.

#16     Mar 20, 2003
  7. omcate

omcate

They are still there ? SHILL SECURITIES should have been acquired by Shithole LLC and Littleshithole International LLC by now. The deal was valued at $200 billion, largest takeover in US history.

:p :p :p
    :D :D :D

#17     Mar 20, 2003
  8. okwon

okwon

You can't post that information yet! I will have to report you to the SEC for insider information.

#18     Mar 20, 2003
  9. But, of the highest quality, I am certain.

#19     Mar 20, 2003
  10. Uh oh, omcate. You best watch out. These cats got those super high priced lawyers on retainer. They don't care about flexing their legal muscles just to ruin your life and make an example out of you, and that's IF YOU'RE LUCKY. One trader left there on bad terms and gave out confidential proprietary information to the head of another firm, and as soon as he stepped outside that office building he was gunned down right there on the street. So be thankful if all you get is a subpoena, at least it means you'll live (but your kids will still be in debt to these Shill people)!

#20     Mar 20, 2003