What are the best Mac-based trading systems

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by nravo, Jun 2, 2007.

1. psturm

psturm

I am the developer (with the assistance of ~25 developers) of QST. May I humbly suggest you take a 2-week free trial and tell me if this is not the best software for trading you have tried?

We are a direct vendor of all the North American futures exchanges and we also support EUREX, LIFFE and ICE.

I see many other front-ens software offered that requirs you to get market data from another source. We get data directly from the exchanges and process it in < 100 microseconds. I challenge you to find another vendor who can make, and back up, such a statement.

Our analytics are similarly impressive, with the ability to trasde from any screen, inlcusing charts, price ladders, quote monitors, etc.

You can access a free 2-week trial here:

http://quotes.computervoice.com/subscriptions/qst/trial.jsp

The software runs on Mac OS X, Windows, Linux ad Solaris.

Let me know what you think. We are constanty improving the product based on user feedback.

Paul

#11     Jun 12, 2007
  2. Just on Tap....

VMWare updated Fusion to Beta 4... Now to be honest, there Beta 4 works better than Parallels Shipping 3.0

The Unity in Beta 4 is worlds above parallels Coherence 2.0

I am currently trying out multicharts in Fusion with TWS running on the Mac side of things.... SO far so good. :)

I am actually running it off my Bootcamp Partition instead of a VM HD. (meaning if need be I can still boot native into XP instead of using a Virtual environment)

They expect it to ship in August. I was trying to decide between Parallels 3.0 (which is nice) and VMWare Fusion.. Fusions implementation of Unity is so good, Bye Parallels.... Oh, and it's faster and allows your mac to still perform well..... Parallels tended to slow the native OS down. I havnt expereinced this with Fusion (any of the previous versions nor this one.)

#12     Jun 13, 2007
  3. trublvr

trublvr

I am personally using A new mac with 24" screen, running Parallels and charting with Futuresource. Plenty of room to run Parallels in Coherence Mode, and very smooth transitions with 3G ram. Highly recommended combination until the world wakes up to Mac. So far so good!

#13     Jun 14, 2007
  4. If you like Coherence, then you should try VMWares Fusion and try Unity... Blows Coherence 2.0 Out the water (as a Beat no Less)

Parallels feels clunky...I paid for the upgrade to P 3.0 and wish I had waited....

#14     Jun 14, 2007
  5. Jaba122

Jaba122

Investor RT from www.linnsoft.com works on Mac OSX. I tried it some time ago on PC platform though. It might work for you. Good luck

#15     Jun 18, 2007
  6. How are you or did you deal with the visual interface problems that creep up with AB under Crossover???

#16     Jun 22, 2007
  7. DavidDA

DavidDA

#17     Jun 24, 2007
  8. I'd like to add, now that I spent the weekend getting a ton of headaches... I have borrowed code from the various sources and put together my personal AT system using Amibroker under VMWare's Fusion, and TWS Under Mac Java... All linked up and working.

I tested order palcement with the demo, and I am testing it with the Simu account. So far so good, My reverse position orders are wrking out fine...

VERY FAST.... Feels just as fast as if I hit the close position/reverse position buttons on Booktrader, or clicked in the bid/ask fields..

SO If you arent bent on OS X written software, being able to use AB inside of OSX with Fusion in Unity mode, puts you in the position of working with software, NOT an OS...

BTW I am running Fusion Beta 4.1 under OS X.4.10 on a MacBook with TWS 874.0g. Tested on my MacPro and My MacMini... All is well.

#18     Jun 24, 2007