What are the benefits being on the floor ??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jaiko, Feb 4, 2003.

1. 1. Nowhere to fall, less chance of injury. Especially if you're drunk or losing balance or motor control.
    2. You can see under the furniture. Sometimes you'll find things you didn't know were there. Like money, or even snacks.
    3. It's calming to people who have acrophobia.
    4. Cats and babies will be less intimidated by you, and more likely to come over and play with you.
    5. It's cooler in the summer, because heat rises.
    6. In a fire, the best breathable air is on the floor, because smoke rises.
    7. Sometimes you can listen to the arguments going on in the apartment below you.
    8. The carpet can be comfortable to lie on.
    9. If you're having chiropactic pain, lying on the floor can help.
    10. You can look up women's skirts, if you're that sort.
    11. You can spread out more things that you may be working on than you can on a table. Especially if those things are heavy.
    12. Best place to play marbles.
    13. You can see the world from a different perspective.
    14. Unless you're having tea with Mary Poppins and love to laugh, it's easier than being on the ceiling.

#11     Feb 4, 2003
  2. wellll...

when one finally stops worrying about what other market participants are or are not "doing" TO them, and imagining that others somehow have an edge over you and can do something tangible against your/my interests that can 'not' be controlled by finding a suitable method and manner to participate in the markets and get (your) my share of the "pots" by taking advantage of opportunities that are ALWAYS out there (IF you apply the right attitude and patience), AND at the same time when one decides (as in makes their mind up) to become a decent/good/great trader and make a litle/some/a lot of money... guess what happens? {long sentence A?!}

.... u gotta read my autobiography to find out!

No actually looking back over years it was never external, anyway.... ! At least not to the extent that someone else can stand in one's way of making as much as one is capable of in the financial markets. Once one finds their niche (if ever).... they begin to look less at so-called manipulations and conspiracy theories (ists), gain confidence THEY can perform and "just do it" (to the best of their ability)!

And that.... is the standard to seek. What you (we) are capable of doing. If one does not succeed it is not a blemish on their life, or because anyone else controlled their fate. It is just the way life is.

I think the same is true in athletics and/or any competition on a highly competitive level.

A major flaw of most/many traders (imho) and it was with me a big one, is lack of patience. There is no doubt in my mind that some can make money every day. And deserve a tip of the hat. Other equally good traders need to sit back and wait for the high level/probability opportunities to succeed, or they will underachieve and not reach their potential. But both can end up at a high level of monetary reward by being true to themselves.

A so-called "mentor" trader/friend of mine used to tell me that this can be looked at as a seasonal business not unlike the grass cutting biz. Can't make much cutting in the winter in the Midwest. Same with trading. Certain periods are just ripe with opportunities; others are not. If you try to fit the round peg (over-trading) into a square hole (markets not fitting your style or method), out of frustration or monetary needs... what happens?

Anyway these are some of the simple things I'm reminded of, and have in my trading journal.

Chapter II

I
    :D

#12     Feb 4, 2003
  3. Well what you say is true some of your proverbial wisdom is contradictory

First of all you have to worry about what others are trying to do to you, how else can you analyze a potential trade situation

Second, oh i forgot what you wrote but I think what you are saying is get into trades that you are confident about and stick with your confidence and why you got into the trade

Discipline is great but greed is greater :D

most of what you say is ideal and thats great but everyone out there is trying to unload and take advantage of your (my) sorry ass you just have to be quicker to pull the trigger or have balls of steel

ok maybe true but false was a little harsh
    more like true sometimes but sometimes true

#13     Feb 4, 2003