What are the arguments by Peter Schiff?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Hyofa, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Interesting article in Forbes about Schiff, dated February 2008 (i.e. before his entire investment theory blew up): http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2008/0310/072.html

His managed accounts must be down huge from the spring/summer peaks. Foreign/emergings markets down 50%+ and emerging market currencies in the dumpster. Crash proof my ass.

#11     Nov 14, 2008
  2. BadCo

BadCo

He saw the housing bubble, but, for some reason, didn't see the commodity and emerging markets bubble.

#12     Nov 14, 2008
  3. The problem is the hard asset guys pick and chose what they want to show as being right on.
    Parade out vague macro economic calls and gloss over the fact that their real money bets have gotten totally crushed...
    The sad thing its just smart strategy when you run a hard asset management business.

#13     Nov 14, 2008
  4. Daal

Daal

he praises the free market and YET thats the same free market who went towards services production instead of manufacturing. I dont recall presidential candidates running for office with slogans 'we will be a service economy in 10 years'.

Let me guess, he blames greenspan on this too

#14     Nov 14, 2008
  5. Man ... it's scary how right Peter was ... about EVERYTHING ! I don't think I've ever seen something like this before. Every single prediction he made, EXACTLY happened like he predicted.

This guy is a hero.

#15     Nov 14, 2008
  6. Great video. What's more interesting is how wrong all thoses others were, laughing at Peter like he's nuts.

Now that can't be good for business!

#16     Nov 14, 2008
  7. BadCo

BadCo

I've seen the clip w/ Laffer, but not the others. The smugness of those tools is incredible. And, Ben "Know it All" Stein talking about how the fins are a steal. LMAO.

#17     Nov 15, 2008
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Exactly. A perfect prediction is WORTHLESS if you do not take advantage of it. In the video he recommended GLD for the next year $83 at the time of the video. It went over $100, but today it is $73....

Timing is everything....

#18     Nov 15, 2008
  9. This is what somebody posted in the above Forbes article comments section - he claims to be a customer of Peter Schiff's investment advisory firm.

Schiff is on TV 24/7, trying to get unsophisticated investors to invest with him. He pumps his book 'Crash Proof', claiming he has a magic recipe to dodge the meltdown.

How many retired housewifes and naive investors got burned by him?

#19     Nov 15, 2008
  10. a5519

a5519

Entertaining and wonderful video !
    The people who were laughing at Peter schiff now look not very smart.

#20     Nov 15, 2008