What are some useful things learned from Al Brooks price-action books?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by learner88, Jul 22, 2017.

1. This is where some sort of verified track record comes in handy. :) OK it doesn't guarantee the suitability of the methods used for anyone else, but it's a very good start.

Otherwise it's too easy to fall under the spell of plausible deniability, especially where the alternative is to accept that a large investment in time or money or both may have mostly gone to waste...

#31     Jul 25, 2017
  2. #32     Jul 25, 2017
  3. volpri

volpri

@TraderRob

Maybe you should read the Emmett Moore review.

#33     Jul 29, 2017
  4. algofy

algofy

Why do people give a rat what Emmett Moore says?

#34     Jul 29, 2017
  5. volpri

volpri

Have you?

#35     Jul 29, 2017
  6. volpri

volpri

You mis-understand. The review of Mr Moore himself. Can't say if it is true or not. I just do not know?? But i seen it on the net. It could be fake news. Anyway you can google it.

#36     Jul 29, 2017
  7. volpri

volpri

THE MASTER CONCEPTS:

FIRST, The most important thing. The market is ALWAYS in a channel. At ALL times. So...all we traders are ever doing is trading channels.

SECOND, the market is ALWAYS in BO.

THIRD, the market is ALWAYS in a range.

FINALLY, you gotta find these and identify them. These present tradeable PA.

THE SUPPORTING CONCEPTS:
    NEXT CONCEPT - NESTED PATTERNS: BO within channels. BO within ranges. Channels within channels. Channels within ranges. Ranges within channels....etc

THE TRADING CONCEPTS:

NEXT CONCEPT - PA PATTERNS WITH SETUPS: wedges..micro ch, trendlines, triangles (all kinds), BO, micro wedges, flags (reg and final), pennants and all such other critters are ALWAYS in the ALWAYS channel and ALWAYS BO and ALWAYS RANGE........and in the channels that are in channels and in the channels that are in BO's..etc.....so the story goes...ad nauseum...

Unfortunately it is true! ROFLMAO..ROFLMAO..ROFLMAO.

THE WARNING CONCEPTS:
    It is a double dog warning....Plan on taking min 5 years to learn a minimal amount of this to make heads or tails of it and to trade it. But yes, i recommend the trilogy and videos. Just my opinion and not to be construed as advice, in any form or fashion...ROLMAO! I just gotta laugh! Good luck. Most will not wade through it. Too much work!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    #37     Jul 29, 2017
    Sprout likes this.
  8. algofy

algofy

I'm confused.

#38     Jul 29, 2017
  9. volpri

volpri

Yes, it is a tad confusing. LOL Takes min 5 years pressing hard to begin to understand the concepts and how they fit together into a structure that becomes tradeable day in and day out ..algos..htf's..or no algo's and no htf's. It is all in the trilogy and videos and it is ALL very subjective to one's eyeballs and one's cerebral interpretation....w.v. ...beliefs...and behavioural skills based on their emotional and mental makeup and skills. In short, not for those with weak knees, faint of heart, or emotional wrecks. And I am NOT implying that you are either so that horse is out of the way. Just saying......

#39     Jul 29, 2017
    Sprout likes this.
  10. algofy

algofy

So in summary, you were able to use Al Brooks stuff to help out your trading but it took hard work and dedication?

#40     Jul 29, 2017