What are some really annoying trading moments?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by aphexcoil, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Here are some that come to mind:

1) You set a stop, the market comes down, kisses your stop on the lips with a big fat juicy french kiss and then promptly runs up like a shuttle launch. Or, if you are short, it runs up the ladder, tickles your stop on the feet, and then jumps off the ladder.

2) You accidently sell instead of buy, or buy instead of sell -- then you quickly cancel your order. 10 minutes later, you realize it would have been your best trade of the week.

3) Has anyone daytraded futures during a summer storm and had the power go out? Ohhhhhhh ... that wouldn't be good!

aphie

2. not being able to log into your account (when i used datek).

3. Gordon...that's exactly why I don't use Datek anymore. :)

Not being filled on an NYSE short even if I better the ask.

Partial fills less than 400 shares. When you get 100 - 300, it just becomes a trading exercise. The worst is Nasdaq and Island players hitting you for odd lots. :p

4. hey,

like your name. any relation to "aphex twin" the ambient group ??

best,

surf:)

5. Even worse - hit Sell to EXIT a Short, especially one that's gone against you, only to realise $1 later that you doubled up. Ahh the pain...

(then imagine doing it about 3 times in a couple of days...as I did start of March this year..:mad: )

6. marketsurfer,

Yes! Richard James is the man! I got my name from combining Aphex Twin and Coil. Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works Volume II is my favorite ambient album of all time.