What are some movies/TV series that teach you trading/investing?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by learner88, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Movies and TV series are an entertaining way to learn things. What are some movies/TV series that teach you trading/investing?

The most relevant movie I can think of is "trading places".

2. algofy

algofy

IMO you're not going to learn anything from movies. Are you seriously asking this question?

3. Simples

Simples

I dunno. Sometimes a good movie just clicks into your life.

Like after watching "Wolf of Wall Street" and "Limitless" in one sitting, I became a bad-ass retail pimp trader, snorting coke, hookers, blowjobs, dealin' like neva bufore.

Brb, loanshark on the door...

bihu likes this.
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

"Scarface".

"I always tell the truth. Even when I lie".

5. it depends,at young age is different,when living in a country in Soviet sphere of influence was also different.

zdreg likes this.
  6. Xela

Xela

I hope you learn enough about trading (from other sources) to change your mind about that pretty quickly. :wtf:

7. speedo

speedo

Xela, when I made that comment about dbphoenix weeks ago, I must have been thinking of someone else. I pay little attention to others trading threads.

Xela likes this.
  8. I don't think no movie or TV show or whatever...will truly teach you trading;

Those entertainment things...are more like Matches, or fire starters, to ignite your long road ahead, o_O

I personally like to think of those kind of coincidental things...as prophetic, divine signs,
    Kind of like Moses seeing signs. Or world events, that are kind of mentioned in the book of revelation,

But as silly as trading movies are...there are some very important lessons in there to be learned and adhered to,

I say it alot, but...trading is part art, part science.
    Always keep an open and flexible and nimble mind, -- try to understand various variables...such as facts that can move something, as well as the emotions, and etc misc stuff that can lead things astray,

And try to be your own, independent thinker, -- Assume everyone's advice and experience and wisdom is BS,
    don't take things literally or in black and white only...you're the Big Grey part of the equation,

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    maxxDovakin likes this.
  9. just21

just21

Go onto www.youtube.com and search for trading videos.

Search this site for the movies thread.

10. It becomes even more bad-ass if you know that that movie was financed by embezzled/stolen money and the USA DoJ is now claiming all profits of that movie, and of the production company involved.

#10     Jul 24, 2017