what are some less known traps that i should watch out for?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by mute9003, Sep 22, 2021.

1. zdreg

zdreg

In order to get information from others you should be willing to share information. What bull and bear traps are institutions using?

#11     Sep 23, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. %%
    Here's another one;
    get you a battle tested plan, that way its profit or loss, not trap or traps.
    WHILE we can still see some old time bear traps, for sale, not really relevant application in trading.
    I see your point, + makes for fun drama, but most institutions are much more concerned with profit + loss............................................................................IF some could get your mind off a plan of profit + loss/that 's a trap for sure.

#12     Sep 23, 2021
  3. yes

#13     Sep 23, 2021
  4. mute9003

mute9003

thats what im saying.. i only learned about the basic bull and bear trap that you see pretty much everywhere. what information do you want me to share.. i dont know anything special yet to share

#14     Sep 23, 2021
  5. tomkat22

tomkat22

Doesn't speak to your exact question but you should be careful shorting small cap names. If the company you're holding short gets bought out by a larger entity the stock price could double(or triple)overnight. And depending on your position size that could be an account ending event. I do a lot of shorting and personally live in mortal fear of that very thing happening.

#15     Sep 24, 2021
  6. %%
    WHALE trap is a good one to avoid;
    anytime you see a pattern like a killer whale, example stock BB, best not to get on that/LOL. Even the so called pros have gotten killed on that pattern.

#16     Sep 24, 2021
  7. jocrape

jocrape

@murray_t_turtle I’ve never heard of whale traps. Is it also applicable for the forex market because bear and bull traps are there and I know pretty much about that but the Whale trap is something new for me.

#17     Oct 13, 2021
  8. maxinger

maxinger

another less-known trap to watch out for is the Maxinger trap.

#18     Oct 13, 2021
    longandshort and murray t turtle like this.
  9. Overnight

Overnight

I am not going to take the bait on that one. Let someone else ask the obvious question. Niters all.

#19     Oct 14, 2021
  10. %%
    Same here;
    i never heard of that until Mr Maxi mentioned it here.
    BB stock can be a killer whale trap.[1999-now]

#20     Oct 23, 2021