What are some good brokers.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Kastro_316, May 5, 2002.

1. Save up and you really need $25K +.

That is why I suggested TN instead of IB; if you had experience I would have suggested IB, better commisions, but no hand holding.

#11     May 5, 2002
  2. liltrdr

liltrdr

Consider trading a low margin futures contract to learn and build up equity. 5000 is not enough for the Emini S&P IMHO. You can burn that pretty quickly. Check www.cme.com and www.cbot.com for margins. You're barred from daytrading stock due to the Pattern Day Trader rule. It's great you're starting so young. Good luck.

#12     May 5, 2002
  3. I agree.

#13     May 5, 2002
  4. "Consider trading a low margin futures contract to learn and build up equity"

What does that mean, what should i start out with, who should i start out with.

Im impressed with the advice im getting, Thank you

#14     May 5, 2002
  5. Trade one S&P E-mini, you will have the margin. Now you can do that @ IB.

#15     May 5, 2002
  6. So i should open an account with Emini. Are they good???

#16     May 5, 2002
  7. What I said is maybe you should open an account with Interactive Brokers and trade S&P E-minis.

#17     May 5, 2002
  8. Sorry man, i dont know what ya mean. Open an account with IB and trade S&P E-minis, i dont know what that means.

Sorry

#18     May 5, 2002
  9. Kastro-
    no offense but if you think that Emini is a broker then you should not even consider trading anything but baseball cards until you do some serious homework.
    just trying to save you $....but if you insist then I'll be happy to take the other side from you.
    uptik

#19     May 5, 2002
  10. On second thought maybe you should do some research first.

#20     May 5, 2002