What are some good brokers.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Kastro_316, May 5, 2002.

1. Hey what are some good brokers to join. Like what are some good online trading brokers, and what are some good direct acess brokers. If im planning on making a large number a trades a day, should i join a direct acess account.

Thank you very much

2. Babak

Babak

3. Thats perfect man. Just what i needed.

Just a question, Whats the difference between, something like Etrade and Interactive Brokers. What should i go to. Whats better for a begginer.

Thanx

4. Neither one, for a beginner that wants to do a lot of trades; IB won't support you enough, and the other one is not a good place to learn high volume trading.

5. Metooxx, ok what do you suggest i start with, what broker, what type of broker, Id like to join some good direct acess brokers, but im only going to be opening an account with $5000.

What do you suggest man.

Thank you very much

6. Maybe Terra Nova, more expensive, but direct access with good technical support and a good trade desk, which you will need ...

7. nuton

nuton

You must have at least $25,000 to start an account that you will be day-trading with. If you do more than 3 turnarounds (buy/sell or sell/buy) within a 5 day period you are considered a pattern trader by the SEC and you need a min of $25,000 or the broker you are using (so long as they are following the rule) will not let you enter your third position because it would be a potential pattern day trade.:(

8. Yea that one looks good.

What did u mean by etrade is not good for high volume trading, what is that. What did u mean

Thank you.

9. It is just not the right interface or place for what you are talking about.

10. OK, i see.

With nova, you need a 10,000 account minimun, I only have $5000, So what do u suggest i do. Are direct access account easy to use.

Thank you

#10     May 5, 2002