What are some books, movies, TV, YouTube, etc that have really made you think??

Discussion in 'Music, Movies and TV' started by bizkitgto, May 1, 2018.

1. easymon1

easymon1

Haven't seen this film but might be good fun and go well with a homebrew and a ceegar.

Mirage Men
    Mirage Men
    [​IMG]

Mirage Men is about how the US government used mythology to cover up their advanced technology. It prominently features Richard Doty, a retired Special Agent who worked for AFOSI, the United States Air Force Office of Special Investigation.[3] Mark Pilkington's book about the project, also called Mirage Men, was published in 2010 by Constable & Robinson.[4]

Theatrical release poster
    Directed by John Lundberg
    Roland Denning
    Kypros Kyprianou
    Produced by Roland Dennnig
    Kypros Kyprianou
    John Lundberg
    Mark Pilkington
    Written by Mark Pilkington
    Starring Rick Doty
    Music by Cyclobe
    Urthona
    Cinematography Grant Wakefield
    Zillah Bowes
    Edited by Roland Denning
    Kypros Kyprianou
    Production
    company

Perception Management Productions
    Distributed by Random Media
    Release date
    Running time
    85 minutes
    Country United Kingdom
    Language English
    Mirage Men is a 2013 documentary film directed by John Lundberg, written by Mark Pilkington and co-directed by Roland Denning and Kypros Kyprianou. The film had its world premiere at the 2013 Sheffield Doc/Fest[1] in the UK on 13 June 2013, its North American premiere at the 2013 Fantastic Fest in Austin, Texas on 22 September 2013, its Australian premiere at the Canberra International Film Festival[2] on 31 October 2013 and its Nordic premiere at the Stockholm Film Festival in Sweden on 10 November 2013.

Mirage Men is about how the US government used mythology to cover up their advanced technology. It prominently features Richard Doty, a retired Special Agent who worked for AFOSI, the United States Air Force Office of Special Investigation.[3] Mark Pilkington's book about the project, also called Mirage Men, was published in 2010 by Constable & Robinson.[4]

Contents
    Reception
    Critical reception for the documentary has been positive. Twitch Film said the film was "Scary, unsettling" and "offered profound food for thought". Electric Sheep magazine[5] called it "one of the must see documentaries of the year". Ain't it Cool News[3] called the film "a real head trip" and said they were "glued to [their] seat".

Influence
    Mirage Men has been excerpted in the Adam Curtis documentary HyperNormalisation on BBC iPlayer.[6]

American novelist Ernest Cline credits the Mirage Men film as an influence on his novel and screenplay Armada in which the government has known for decades of an alien invasion and has been funding sci-fi films and videogames in order to prepare people for war.[7]

#51     Jun 24, 2021
  2. easymon1

easymon1

Yeah It's a timely piece, Lou. It could be next month, next year.
    - I want you to think "I am Legend" meets "Idiocracy"
    delete psms.jpg

youtube.com/watch?v=UWLaP010UDs

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    #52     Jul 3, 2021
  3. mlawson71

mlawson71

I have never read either book which seems like a big oversight on my part.

#53     Oct 8, 2021
  4. tango29

tango29

I've posted this previously in another thread. Pretty amazing in it's documentation of the wonders that Communism is in reality.
    [​IMG]

#54     Oct 8, 2021
  5. speedo

speedo

Absolutely read both.

#55     Oct 8, 2021
    mlawson71 likes this.
  6. I am really into shows that revolve around the financial world. I have recently started watching Billions and succession, both the dramas are perfect for a trader to get motivated. The business related conversations that take place in these shows are simply amazing and hooks you in with the storyline and plot.

#56     Oct 11, 2021
    userque likes this.
  7. mlawson71

mlawson71

I have pretty mixed feelings on such shows. On one hand they're very fun, on the other hand, I prefer not to think about trading when I am relaxing and watching a show.

#57     Oct 11, 2021
  8. easymon1

easymon1

9. easymon1

easymon1

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
    #59     Mar 18, 2022
  10. dennj

dennj

12 Years a Slave
    Lock for best picture nomination and some actor nominations.

It is very close to being the Schindler's List of slavery. Articulating the horrors slavery in film like no other movie to my recollection.

#60     Apr 28, 2022