What are rules for investment websites in Europe, Canada, or Australi

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Cyrix, Aug 15, 2011.

  1. Cyrix


    I heard that in the US, investment websites offering opinions on stocks, bonds, FX, and commodities to the public may be OK as long as they don't give investment advice to individual persons.

    What are the rules in other major countries/regions, for example Europe, Canada, and Australia? Are the rules similar or licenses are required?

    (i.e Can an investment website established in the US also earn website income in these three regions?)

    This post was posted in the chitchat forum and I need to move it here.
  2. wrbtrader


    You should contact the regulatory branches of those countries that monitors or handles complaints about investment websites...send them an email or phone call. They're the ones that will know the "do's and don'ts".

  3. Find the local regulatory agencies' websites that are akin to SEC & CFTC and I am sure you will find your answers there :)