What are "Players" thinking?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by jasrlew, Jul 31, 2003.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Depends on which "others" they're trading with. Without some understanding of the dynamics of fear, greed, and probability, one better have great rules and excellent discipline.

#11     Jul 31, 2003
  2. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

I did not want to use this expression 'big players'. it means nothing.
    there are important traders and institutions in both pit and mini. as well as program trading and arbitrage.

and sorry to disappoint some, but traders aren't the market. volume is coming from outside. therefore traders aren't trading against each other (they do compete though).
    what moves the market is outside volume.

without outside volume, traders just rotate price around to find outside volume. all part of the price discovery.

#12     Jul 31, 2003
  3. Nordic

Nordic

#13     Jul 31, 2003
  4. Well, without excellent understanding of the dynamics of fear, greed, probability, reward:risk ratios, as well as great rules and excellent discipline, one might as well go busking.

~Scientist

#14     Jul 31, 2003
  5. Pabst

Pabst

Or you could say that participants with longer timeframes ultimately create revaluation.:)

#15     Jul 31, 2003
  6. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

hehe.. yes exactly

#16     Jul 31, 2003
  7. rcreal

rcreal

I'll be taking a tour of the CME floor next friday. I'll stop by the S&P pit and let you know what I find out :)

rich

#17     Jul 31, 2003
  8. damir00

damir00 Guest

for the Big Boyz to be working against me, they would have to be working with each other. far far more likely they're busy taking chunks out each other's hides than worrying about insignificants like us.

the money is in suckering the guy managing a $100M, not in suckering 50 guys trading $20k accounts at IB.

#18     Aug 1, 2003
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

On the whole, I think it would be best to let you guys believe what you like on this subject.

Have a nice day :p

#19     Aug 1, 2003
  10. damir00

damir00 Guest

lol. it could be worse: other places have endless discussions on how/why the latest pop was due to alan greenspan buying EBAY etc.

#20     Aug 1, 2003