What are good results for daytrading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by C++Programmer, Dec 19, 2001.

1. I usually program in windows but i found some opensource code on the internet for linux. Im interested in finding some code for all the different technical indicators. I think i found somthing do you have access to this kind of code?

#21     Dec 20, 2001
  2. jaan

jaan

http://toolkit.taltrade.com

- jaan

#22     Dec 20, 2001
  3. Another possible datafeed is Signal (or eSignal via the Internet). You can interact via DDE.

#23     Dec 20, 2001
  4. Which broker are you using? Do you trade completely automatic?

Peter

#24     Dec 20, 2001
  5. dozu888

dozu888

www.mytrack.com/sdk

delayed feed is free with $25/month for the sdk. fool around at your own risk.

#25     Dec 20, 2001
  6. #26     Dec 20, 2001
  7. compaque

compaque

C++,

While I wish you the best, imo such a system is impossible.

It may work for a while, even a long while, but there are always unanticipated/illogical/completely unpredictable events that cannot be incorporated into a system, and the market is just too fluid an entity to try to predict it with static rules.

If entrusting trading to a set of rules were possible, the market would have long ago ceased to exist. Certainly rules and strategies are crucial to trading, but only as a guide. In the end it's the person that pulls the trigger, and he's trading against other people.

And as to the systems being sold, the fact that they are being sold is in and of itself proof that they do not work - if they did no one would need to seek extra income from selling them.

Just my $.02.
    Good luck!

#27     Dec 20, 2001
  8. Here is a user group that me be of help in your quest. They use AIQ, one of the more advanced trading software systems available.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aiq

#28     Dec 21, 2001
  9. It shouldn't be based on the (small) amount that you have listed above since most firms allow use of much more capital ($1Mil or more) with only a $25K or so account. Trading is labor intensive, and really has no relevance to the dollar value of the account...in fact at some point you run into a place where you cannot put the capital to use at all.

We have traders who make $5,000/day with aonly $25K in their accounts (yes, they draw a lot out), but I couldn't say with a straight face that they get a 20% return on their investment dollars since they are being "compensated" for their trading skills and labor time.

We generally use a simple number like $250K / year as the first benchmark for successful trading. It may take a while to achieve that, but if you're getting into trading without that goal as a minimum, then you should think about doing something else. IMHO :)

#29     Dec 21, 2001
  10. I have seen someone up 60% monthly. CONSISTANTLY. Trading futures

#30     Dec 21, 2001