What are good resources and books?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TradeSparrow, Jan 9, 2011.

1. P&F definitely interests me. However, how does one even get P&F charts without manually drawing them? In particular, can ThinkorSwim do them?

-Sparrow

#11     Jan 19, 2011
  2. ubgr

ubgr

Although fishmeal is a good protein source in feed, it's use is marginal in the grand scheme of things. Only round 5 mill. MT last couple of years, compared to ca. 160 mill. MT soybeanmeal (this year 175 mill. MT world total according to the USDA) and 30 mill. MT rapeseedmeal. It was a completely different story back in the 70's though. Fishmeal has been damn expensive the last years also, and those who could, have probably turned away from it.

When that is said, I haven't read the book, but I liked what Went Fishing said about it. Nearly everything I have learned from others, I have learned from oldtimers.

#12     Jan 24, 2011
  3. local

local

I have traded grains since 1983, have only used fundamentals, have never used t.a. Just relating my experience.

Regards, local

#13     Jan 24, 2011

4. Hey TradeSparrow, you can check out stockcharts.com. They have really good stuff. I attached and example of JJG, the AIG grains etf.

You can also check out a thread on EliteTrader by a guy named HolyGrail, he is an awsome P&F trader, and his thread explains all the subtle mechanics of P&F. The guy is good. His thread is called Learning Price action with P&F. The guy thats doing the most posting lately (Dentist007) uses bulls-eye broker.

#14     Jan 24, 2011
  5. SOYBEAN AND WHEAT CROPS: GROWTH, FERTILIZATION, AND YIELD
    by Samuel Davies and George Evans
    2009 ISBN: 978-1-60741-173-4

An absolutely invaluable book if you want to fill in the why, where and how.

#15     Jan 25, 2011
  6. Wow, thanks guys. Sorry for taking so long to reply, but I've read your posts and it's very helpful.

As an update, I started trading grains. I made some mistakes, lost some money. After making an adjustment to how I fill orders, I've made 14000 USD in the past month, so things are looking decent for starters.

Sparrow ♥

#16     Apr 3, 2011
  7. ===============
    T-sparrow;
    Great for trading;
    Jack Schwager top trading books[all 3]. Dont know if that will help trading futures or grains....................................................:cool:

Futures mag[free to futures or stock traders;
    [stocks.... also

#17     Apr 4, 2011