What antivirus program you guys use to protect your trading computers?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by FunMan, May 15, 2011.

1. r-in

r-in

Talk about paranoid. I have a computer for trading, and I do have ZoneAlarm Security Suite running on it, but I do nothing, but trade on it. I have another computer with ZA Securtiy Suite also, and I do banking and personal stuff on it only. I have a third that I let the family use, and do stuff I don't care if some POS gets a password to, like Yahoo crap email addresses. I also avoid using Google services as I have no faith in them not to sell everything I ever do. Yahoo should go the opposite route and sell the idea that they never sell anything. Maybe they would kill Google and their b.s.. I have warned my kids even on the public computer that if they ever click on anything from a "Facebook Friend" I will delete their accounts, and unless they can buy their own computer they will not use any of my computers again.
    Maybe I'm a bit over the top, but I think scammers, and ID thiefs should qualify for the death penalty, along with a whole lot of other shit bags. And I don't care what country they are in.

#31     May 17, 2011
  2. Death penalty for "shit-bags"? Sounds like you're advocating the overthrow of the US government...

#32     May 17, 2011
  3. r-in

r-in

US, not specifically, are you to stupid to realize that the US probably goes after these crap bags more than any other country? Or is it just convient to attack the US? Hell, I have more faith in the US than I do many other countries, ie France, Russia( or whatever the group of dirtbags call themselves now) any African country, most of Europe, South America, Mexico(is it actually a country, or just a subsidiary of the US?), etc.

#33     May 17, 2011
  4. Likely your "faith in the US" will be punished along with the rest of us. The US WAS Great... until the politicos and tit-sucking parasites got control.

#34     May 17, 2011
  5. Avast + MSFT Security Essentials

Both work well and play nicely together.

#35     May 17, 2011
  6. Cburg

Cburg

I use Avira AntiVir Premium.
    This is the paid version. I understand that the free is good too.

#36     May 21, 2011
  7. No one, including the us, goes after any of these dirt bags in a consistent and sustained manner. The entire freakin' thing -- as with most things today -- is completely out of hand. We are on the road to hell and the assholes that are in a position to make a difference simply do not care.

#37     May 21, 2011
  8. jera67

jera67

I use Panda Internet Security. I enabled their firewall as well, instead of the standard Windows firewall. No problems in last 10 years.

#38     May 24, 2011
  9. Update here in case anyone was following along - with the new Avast upgrade, I have been unable to get Avast and SE to work together anymore. So that solution is not one I would recommend at this point. I also learned while reading up on this that it was redundant anyway and actually may have done more harm than good.

Currently using Avast with Malware Bytes and SUPERAntiSpyware. It appears (so far) they all play nice. I may drop Malware or SAS later, but just testing those out for now.

#39     Jun 18, 2011
  10. Just deleted & replaced my XP Pro service pack 2 with a clean XP Pro service pack 3 and have added Symantec Endpoint Protection on the advice of a heavily experienced systems administrator I respect.

I have a small (three PC) network at home (not ideal but it is the current compromise) and will, at some point, move to an isolated, stand alone PC to be used exclusively for trading. All three PC's have Endpoint.

I welcome comments and will keep the thread informed.

#40     Jun 18, 2011