What antivirus program you guys use to protect your trading computers?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by FunMan, May 15, 2011.

1. esmonkey

esmonkey

Same here for two years now. Avast is awesome. Hard to believe i was PAYING for Norton for so many years.

#21     May 16, 2011
  2. Front-End is MSFT Security Essentials.

Colo - nothing. All running W7x64 or Windows Server 2k8 x64

#22     May 16, 2011
  3. none for years. no problems yet.

#23     May 16, 2011
  4. Mircosoft security essenctials

#24     May 17, 2011
  5. I used to use AVG, until they became another bloatware like Norton (everytime I see that pre-installed, it is the first to get uninstalled).

Because AVG started the web scan that slowed it down a lot, I've since used and rec'd Avira and have had no problems to date. Very happy with it for a few years now.

#25     May 17, 2011
  6. Bob111

Bob111

my son got a pretty nasty virus last night on his PC..the one that looks like windows security center. He have Avg antivirus and Zonealarm firewall installed. they didn't do shit about it..the virus shut them down and block the access to everything you trying to do.
    you trying to bring the task manager-blocked,start Avg-blocked,restore point-blocked,go online-blocked. never seen anything like this before. very hard to deal with. it's looks like it's infecting the files and executable of the programs you access the most. looks like i was finally able to shut it down,using boot in safe mode and malwarebytes antimalware soft,but sat this point the outcome is still unknown..
    my point is that if one virus can and did shutdown active,running in background and up to date antivirus and blocked AVG from future access then it's pointless to have an antivirus like this. very disappointed with AVG.

#26     May 17, 2011
  7. Precisely the reason we should all be using software like Acronis True Image, Macrium Reflect, others.

#27     May 17, 2011
  8. 15 computer and 2 servers in my office and I'm running www.avast.com (free version) on all of them.
    Have not had a problem with a virus in 5 years since using it.
    Norton & AVG are resource pigs and Norton was always letting viruses through.

#28     May 17, 2011
  9. Bob111

Bob111

i'm using acronis too, with remote backup and all that,but since it was kid computer-i didn't bother.:p

#29     May 17, 2011
  10. I'm betting you'll "bother" with spending 2-minutes to make an image after you go to the trouble of reinstalling the OS and other software from scratch.... but, maybe I'm wrong.. :D

#30     May 17, 2011