What antivirus program you guys use to protect your trading computers?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by FunMan, May 15, 2011.

1. I agree. ESET Nod32 is the best I've found. Light weight. Trouble free. Works like it should.

#11     May 15, 2011
  2. Bob111

Bob111

similar,but on top of that-they are on separate networks,behind separate routers

#12     May 15, 2011
  3. Avast, it is free and you can exclude programs. Norton is a real POS.

#13     May 15, 2011
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

I've got AVG on this laptop, and it's also a pain in the tail! When it updates at startup, it's S-L-O-W!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY! I'm FAR from a computer guru, and read whey many of you are into which really helps.

(I'm in my late 30's, and we had NO computers in High School. After the Marine Corps, and while in College, I didn't take a single computer class as I was intimidated by them. I should be shot at high noon for that!!!!:( )

#14     May 15, 2011
  5. I also vote for ESET Smart Security.

#15     May 15, 2011
  6. Bob111

Bob111

according to last Consumer Report Avira is the best free anti virus

#16     May 15, 2011
  7. dcvtss

dcvtss

I like it, it's unobtrusive, free and gets pretty good reviews.

#17     May 15, 2011
  8. another vote for ESET. for your guys looking to save money (like me) there is a way around paying for ESET. just continually get a free trial on their website and use a fake email address each time (like from tenminutemail.com). it's a pita to uninstall/install new version every month but it's free. just throwing it out there.

#18     May 16, 2011
  9. LeeD

LeeD

I switched from Norton about 2 years ago. Untill that time I had used various versions of Norton for 6 years.

#19     May 16, 2011
  10. I'm using Webroot. I have it on 3 machines. I think I pay about $30/year for all 3. It takes a little time to start up each morning, but once it's running, I don't think it bogs my computer down as much as Mcafee or Norton did. It blocks everything that comes in and asks me if I will allow it. I have it set to "always allow" my trading platforms (Ninja and TOS) so they never get interrupted. Everything else goes through webroot first. I've been using it since 2007 and have had no issues

#20     May 16, 2011