What animal can we compare Obama to without risking being called a racist?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NanoTick, Feb 21, 2009.

1. wjk

wjk

Absolutely! In pure dollar figures, I agree that successful (both honest and corrupt) Wall-Streeters have more potential than do public servants (being described as politicians for the sake of this debate). I believe, however, that the high level DC politicians have a higher chance of success after they leave office than Wall-Streeters (even though the dollar figures aren't as high), because they were politicians, and as such, have built their private empires. I think Wall-Streeters have more variables working against them, as well.

#31     Feb 22, 2009
  2. The successful Wall Streets retire to wealth they already have, the successful politicians retire and then move to get the wealth they bypassed in the public sector careers. They set out with very different goals, but want to end up in the same place, i.e. comfortable retirement.

Huge difference between the two though, the had money after their career in Wall Street and didn't need to have power in the public sector...and the ones who had power in the public sector but did not have the money upon retirement they needed to live the lifestyle of their choice.

Look, many pols believe they deserve a financial reward for the years of financial sacrifice to work as public servants, and the American way is for them to cash in by entering the private sector after public service to do so.

Again the odds favor making money on Wall Street over becoming president through a career as a community organizer.

#32     Feb 22, 2009
  3. A goldfish perhaps? Stick bug?

#33     Feb 23, 2009
  4. A Leech but he has that in common with most Politicians.

#34     Feb 23, 2009
  5. lassic

lassic

a sleestack?

[​IMG]

#35     Feb 23, 2009
  6. =========================
    Speaking of Aunt Jemima, Nutmeg;

Have some natural/healthy heart brown rice;
    they could have named it Uncle Sam or Uncle Tom,instead they have a black guy /black eyes:cool:,picture on package.

Named it Uncle Ben's Brown Rice.
    Brown will stick around.

#36     Feb 23, 2009