What an INCREDIBLY easy day today!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Magna, Apr 7, 2003.

1. fortunately last week's up curbed day when i got killed trying to short it prepared me well for today, and it paid off...

i was long near the open, then saw everything start to crumble and got short around 10:30...covered at 11, and wanted to puke when i saw the chop set in. came back around 1:30 and tried to buy the bottom end of the range right before it broke lower. luckily i had a good hint that the break might be coming (the stellar gann wheel) and got out with an amazingly small loss...chalk it up to quick reactions from a good night's sleep...however, with the backdrop of a huge up day i was unable to short, also because i couldn't find a safe place for a stop at the time...that part of the day around 1:30-1:45 really coulda gone either way...but overall i am extremely happy with the way i traded today.

#21     Apr 7, 2003
  2. uh,

so you finally got one in the bucket,
    instead of all over the floor....

:D

#22     Apr 7, 2003
  3. Now that's some damn good trading!

NOW... what do you do for an encore??! :D

Ice:cool:

#23     Apr 7, 2003
  4. do it all over again tomorrow ...business as usual. another typical day :-B

#24     Apr 7, 2003
  5. As today's action was atypical, it was very tricky to get comfortable shorting until well into the move down. Looks like the MM's had a field day with the opening trades, as I'll assume they had to be net short into the pop.

#25     Apr 7, 2003
  6. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

agreed... i hate it when it opens up 200+ right off the bat and stocks are gapped up a buck and a quarter higher... it leaves very lil room for profits...

#26     Apr 8, 2003
  7. An above average profitability kinda day...

#27     Apr 8, 2003