What an INCREDIBLY easy day today!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Magna, Apr 7, 2003.

1. Magna

Magna Administrator

All you had to do was short anywhere within the first hour and hold on for the rest of the day. Piece of cake. Of course I didn't do that, but I'm sure we'll soon hear from all the good folks who make a killing.... :) :p :D :cool:

2. Arnie

Arnie

Actually I find these types days (gap up/down and then drift) the hardest to trade.

3. Me too. Bought the open, made 2 points and sat on my hands the rest of the day kicking myself for not shorting.Helene Meisler warned this morning about false breakouts.

4. Banjo

Banjo

Didn't like the squirrely action so left early. Just back to see this selloff, nice for anyone who got a piece. Tommorrow should be interesting.

5. Yeah, in retrospect it was easy, not so for my system that did so so today: YM up, ES down. It get wipsawed a bit because of the tight range during the first few hours.

6. Ken_DTU

Ken_DTU

agree ....biotechs like IDPH GILD GENZ BGEN nice short charts today apr 7th...

ken

7. trader99

trader99

Everything is EASY in HINDSIGHT....

But overall, not too bad... But you had to be willing to hold through the midday whipsaw.

8. rs7

rs7

Sort of like every day.

Worst meeting I ever went to was when a (non trading) manager showed us on a blackboard how the previous day's trading was easy, even though we all lost money.

It is so easy when you look back. It's even easier if you look back and had not traded in real time.

Anyone have next week's newspapers for me?

Rs7

9. oddiduro and I told you so.

10. SHT the SPY @ 90.51 covered @ 89.99 and then watched all that money go into someone else`s pocket...oh well.
    C.

#10     Apr 7, 2003