what am I ?

Discussion in 'Journals' started by traitor786, Jan 31, 2011.

1. I thought you guys wanted charts?

GOLD update

My bad feeling of gold is being confirmed, I just hope it stays above 1500. I wish it wasn't based on a feeling and was something more concrete that could be duplicated and improved. But I'm more focusing on my chart analysis (above !) right now then developing strategies.

#41     Jun 13, 2011
  2. i guess im kinda stuck right now. Most my knowledge is self taught, and imprecise. The general idea seem right but you guys have taken it to a science that has been analyzed by many people.

This is great, but because i am self taught, i don't even understand the terms you guys use, i tried to follow a journal today and was lost. some times i'm not even sure if I'm looking at the right chart.

My edge in this field is gone.
    Further studying in this field will be like pulling teeth as i will have to re-learn basic concepts.
    Profit margins may be to small and timing of execution may be to slow for an in home armature trader to take advantage of.

It would be good to get some input on my chart I posted up. This would let me know if i am on the right track and where adjustments need to be made. Also it would give me an idea if i am at a beginners level, or an advanced level but just need each concept to be fine tuned.

And a big thanks to all that have ever responded to my journal in the past, without you i would be lost, just clicking your names and looking up your posts enlightens my world:D

#42     Jun 13, 2011
  3. Jack,just how many clones you do draw??Seriously,stop horse around/:D

#43     Jun 13, 2011
  4. ???

#44     Jun 13, 2011
  5. i can't see that chart. can you post a jpg or png

#45     Jun 13, 2011
  6. thought process is at the bottom of the previous page in my journal

#46     Jun 13, 2011
  7. Looking back at the jpeg I just uploaded I noticed that I had adjusted the last green channel. Originally, it was a bit steeper.
    as in this attachment or the pic above.

This was analysed weekend the last part of the data was not there.

This could of been because I didnt wiat long enough to see the channel. The green channel may not have been properly tested.

there was a big dip that broke out of the channel I would of considered this a signal to sell. Maybe it is not good to buy on mondays open?

But in general, the channel was in the right direction and a max of 30 cents could have been made. If I didn't sell on the open dip.

Why was the dip at the open there followed by a break out to the top?

Was it predictable?

Would others have held on to the stock during this dip and taken profits on the upward break out?

I am seeing the there is alot of thought put in all of this.

maybe my assumptions are wrong?

I assume that...

It is impossible to tell how long a channel should last

There is no way to know if there is a chance that there is a high likely hood of a break out.

It is better to buy as soon as a channel starts developing so that there is time to make profit.

if there is a break out not in my favor i should sell right away

Are these things actually measurable?
    If not, am i at a level where I am close being consistent?

#47     Jun 13, 2011
  8. Again at the bottom of page 2 there is my thoughts of this chart while i was making my lines

#48     Jun 13, 2011
  9. i took a quick look. will check tomorrow.

1. how much volume is this stock doing ? looks thin. that is light volume . if daytrading you want stocks w/ lots of volume . like AMZN or nflx. just my opinion , i don't daytrade stocks.

2. support and resistance is more than trendline . you understand how and why it forms ?

3. take a look at the book "One good trade" . lots of stuff in there you are not going to want to read as it won't apply to you but also some very good info on daytrading stocks

#49     Jun 14, 2011
  10. Thank you for your reply, I will focus my attention on these tomorrow as I seem to be lacking knowledge in these two aspects.

For now I will have a look at the E mini as it is being talked about alot. hopefully after I analyze the Emini I will be able to incorporate volume and resistance and trend lines more accuratly.

The emini will be analyzed pretty much the same way as this was.

how do you trade?

#50     Jun 14, 2011