What am I supposed to do now?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by traderguy02, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Babak

Babak

What's the diff between risk and money mgmt?

#41     Mar 2, 2006
  2. Risk management involves identifying the risk with your trades and then taking steps to quantify and accept them to trade or not accept them by not trading. Risk management includes using stops, sizing trades appropriately (ties into money management), moving stops with your position, corporate structure for liability mitigation, etc

Money management is the process of managing your account (determining how much of your account to risk per trade), determining what you want to trade, determining how much money to keep in your account or at your clearing firm/broker, determining when to sweep your accounts, determining when to increase your trading size/margin deposit, so on and so forth.

Let me know if it is still not clear.

Good luck, Babak.

#42     Mar 2, 2006
  3. I know one thing for certain. Asking for help from dea, the man in the sky never got anybody anywhere. Actions in life are at free-will either you do good or you fock it up. You're the only fighter, nobody else really wants to fight for you; sadly enough as much as we'd all like to think we're special.

#43     Mar 2, 2006
  4. saico

saico

I'm afraid you're totally wrong here, traderguy02. But its your own and free decision and simultaneously the most important one in life. Live with him, or without him, your choice. But in every case that decision will have unchangeable consequences for your eternal life.

Take care
    Saico

#44     Mar 2, 2006
  5. I'm not gonna make this a big jesus thumping thread here. But one thing is for certain. Life is too complex (and realistically horrific for many) for any one religion to dominate or declare itself better than the other, all the more reason to question them all. Eternity is a world of its own, you fight that battle when you get there. If it is "there" anyways?

#45     Mar 2, 2006
  6. Cheese

Cheese

'Eternal life' .. what horsesh*t is this? Wake up and stop putting up excuses until you reach some non-existent lalaland.

You can have hell on Earth or heaven on Earth right here right now depending on how you run your life and how positive you want to be!
    :)

#46     Mar 2, 2006
  7. Babak

Babak

Thanks. I hear you. Its just that I think the two concepts are too intimately intertwined to be separated.

For example, deciding how much to keep in your account is more risk mgmt imho, but it also ties into your position sizing.

#47     Mar 8, 2006
  8. ==================
    Hi martys;congrats on you new equity high.:cool:

Strange how many of the big moves happen in mourning anyway ;
    some trends start early afternoon , not many.
    ==============================

Excellant idea asking God like elites said, especially if one likes the scientific approach;
    Albert Einstein said science without religion is lame.

Hope this helps.

#48     Mar 10, 2006
  9. I agree with you. They are all intertwined and depend on each other.

#49     Mar 11, 2006