What am I not doing?

Discussion in 'Options' started by FullyArticulate, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Many traders get stuck on the "tried and true" (vehicles and strategies that work for us). Getting two traders to agree on what is "tried and true" is all but impossible.

So, I'm interested in hearing about other strategies and vehicles that people are using succesfully, including where and how such things are traded.

Binary options are new to me (www.hedgestreet.com), as are other exotics that I've heard many others trade. What do you trade? Where? How?

Some of the more obscure option trading strategies are new to me. Box, Ladder, Diagonal Straddle, etc. Someone posted a while back that he exclusively trades Boxes. How?

Hopefully this thread will introduce some ideas "we don't know that we don't know."

2. Inquirer

Inquirer

For binary options, if you think in terms of eg. buy a nearby call and sell a further away call, you get something similar to binary options of 0 - 100 expiry.

Alternatively if you think of margin trading whereby eg. buy the dips, it's similar to binary options at the corner prices.

In the case of hedgestreet they price it 0 - 10. Similar logic.