What according to you is an effective way to deal with losses when you have a bad week/month ?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Raheel Shaikh, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Exactly Overnight,

noones trades real money for nothing other than making alot of money.

#31     Sep 6, 2021
  2. Yes sir
    adapting and refining always stays constant through out
    at no point you can take the foot of the gas that's where the losing streak of days continues for weeks and months making the portfolio in red

#32     Sep 7, 2021
  3. sounds like the perfect therapy for the mind :)

#33     Sep 8, 2021
    Charts and Arts likes this.
  4. Yes, I am aware of the 90/90/90 rule. You’re right, the root cause of revenge trading is 90% of the traders losing 90% of their money in 90 days.

#34     Sep 9, 2021
    Raheel Shaikh likes this.
  5. you got it right my friend

#35     Sep 13, 2021
  6. virtusa

virtusa

I don't like one liners, because in general they sound good, they can impress people, makes you sound smart. But in reality most of the time there is not much truth in it, the one liner can even be irrelevant or show that you are not very smart.

It doesn't matter what the root cause is of revenge trading, as a real trader has a trading plan. And in a trading plan revenge trading should NEVER be found. Traders never become revenge traders. They follow their plan.That is the best form of "revenge trading" that exists.

I daytrade and have two systems based on the same principles. One takes fast small profits and has a high winning rate, and the second one goes for the bigger moves. The second one is the main trading plan and the first one is only used to quickly recover from a drawdown.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    #36     Sep 13, 2021
  7. Wise words :thumbsup:
    This is gonna be an absolute shift once you incorporate this in your trading.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    #37     Sep 15, 2021
    SteveM likes this.
  8. The best way to cope with the losses is to understand that losses are an integral part of trading.
    First of all, you should know that the markets are unpredictable. Especially if we talk about forex market. There are lots of occasional fluctuations within a single trading session which are impossible to predict. If you follow the principles of money management, then you are relatively safe, however, if you don't, your deposit is in a great danger. Secondly, losses are lessons that you need to learn. As they say, bad experience is still experience. So, even if you had bad streak in trading, you've got to get to the bottom of them. You need to understand the conceptual reasons that made you lose the money.

#38     Sep 16, 2021
  9. Yes sir! Journaling the loses have definitely been one of the biggest game changers and stepping stone towards consistency.

#39     Sep 28, 2021
  10. MotionX

MotionX

Rightly said, I also believe that if a trader gets losses, then he should learn to find ways to avoid them in future instead of doubting their knowledge and trading skills.

#40     Sep 29, 2021