What a terrible decade

Discussion in 'Economics' started by traderdragon2, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Thats the kind of stuff I may do with my trading cash, but not my investment cash, thus the questions

#11     Aug 19, 2008
  2. Two things:

Why does it have to be flat? A great recession would be down.

So much agreement on ET has always been a contraindicator in the past (but this time might be different).

#12     Aug 19, 2008
  3. nelson

nelson

Cut out the weak, and let the strong survive. Over the next few years you will see a change of mentality while many retire. So this will be very interesting to watch....I have my popcorn ready.

#13     Aug 19, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

The Powers will spend almost any amount and lie through their teeth in an attempt to orchestrate a flat market. If they get what they want, it won't be a success... rather higher inflation and currency debasement.

The Powers never want anything to be DOWN... too hard to get re-elected, too many cries from the hoi polloi for "change"...

#14     Aug 19, 2008
  5. 1) Whats going to happen to this country in the next 10, 20, 30 years?

2) What to do with the investment cash?

Take a portion of your investment cash (or as much as necessary) and invest it in yourself.

The bigger question is what are your goals for the next 10, 20, 30 years?

I'm not being sarcastic here, but we are looking for early opportunities and need to be ready to strike because it is about us not the entire USA.

I couldn't predict the future of my kid in ten years.

I think the opportunities will present themselves if we prepare by investing in further education, learning something new and goal setting.

#15     Aug 19, 2008
  6. Whatever happens in the future, the mistress of the market will always present trading opportunities.

Jeff

#16     Aug 19, 2008
  7. Its cute to be coy, but something tells me that survival is not a spectator sport.

One of those cases of 'be careful what you wish for'...

#17     Aug 19, 2008
  8. Nanook

Nanook

First step might start here: http://www.investinvalue.com/

Second step might start here: http://www.sealy.com/

:p

#18     Aug 19, 2008
  9. toc

toc

Oil is going to correct by 20%, so USD and Markets should see some bull charge! :D

#19     Aug 19, 2008
  10. doom and gloom once again on ET. Will it ever end?
    dont forget with that "mere" 3% does not include 2+% in dividamds, so its more like 5%. and thats after a decade of 10% every year on average. More Americans dont own that much in stocks but there house is there biggest asset, that asset has more then doubled in that time frame. and as it has they have taken loans against it.

US GDP has had maybe 3 TOTAL quarters in 10 years that where not positive. So while we complain how bad we have it, we still have positive growth, while japan and europe are fairing much worse. And now we look at latin america and russia as the "new world", but look every time the goig has gotten difficult they have messed up there economies. So just relax a little. its ok every 10 years to have a difficult adjustment or low growth

#20     Aug 19, 2008