What a short squeeze...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by crgarcia, Oct 24, 2007.

1. gnome

gnome

They learned from Cramer's tantrum.

Unfortunately, this will end with many, MANY bag holders.

#11     Oct 24, 2007
  2. Don't you remember 2002-2003, all the Bin lauden rumors, all the intra meeting rate cut rumors. Looked just like today.

#12     Oct 24, 2007
  3. As someone who shorted more at damn near the low this afternoon, I know how you feel!

TGFS!

#13     Oct 24, 2007
  4. The well known TRIN play worked very nicely today if you were astute/fortunate enough to notice it. Buy near the high TRINs of 1.7 and Sell/Short near the low TRINs of 0.9. Doesn't always work, but very predictable today. [​IMG]

#14     Oct 24, 2007
  5. Fucked me good. Any drop and its HELP ME FED! I really hate perma-bulls too.

Man, I know this sounds bad but I hope a gigantic geo-political disaster happens. Seems the only way world markets can correct again.

#15     Oct 24, 2007
  6. bluud

bluud

Ya I hope all those fucken tight eyed ugly chinese die overnight ...

(the best tool I use to differentiate between a chinese and other asians is that ... I look to see if they are ugly, if so then 99% chinese)

#16     Oct 24, 2007
  7. You've got to be kidding. No bad news? Merrill missed their OWN earnings loss estimate five times over and is still being shady about their holdings and hedges (and mind you, Citigroup and BofA have MUCH more exposure to subprime than Merrill). Existing home sales well below REVISED estimates. Dollar at the lows, commodities at the highs. Massive oil draw against an expectation build. Then something like 50 million spider shares get bought on a rumor to close the market close to flat??? Come on, be realistic. This wasn't a real short squeeze, this was a cover by all the shorts on an obvious rumor which a few big players KNEW to be true an initiated with a enormous market buy at the lows. You can't argue with 40 bps drop in 10 yr UST yields that there is a fundamental reason for this market to be lower...

Did I forget to mention the 430 trillion dollar derivatives market (global GDP is about 70 trillion) facing a large calamity if these funds are forced to sell in order to stem losses?

#17     Oct 24, 2007
  8. Don't forget seasonality. The end of year tends to have a bullish bias as the fund jockies have to make their #s.

#18     Oct 24, 2007

9. :) :) :) :)

Yeah, I blame the zipperheads.

I hope North Korea nukes China. Will solve world population too and save natural resources.

Hey, how about open a Cuban market? Communism works!

#19     Oct 24, 2007
  10. nevadan

nevadan

#20     Oct 24, 2007