what a reversal!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by empee, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Guys,

The FED has declared this a bear market. If the first 5 days are bad, then it jinxes the entire year. You have to be crazy to buy these dips.

The market has been on a tear for the last 6 months, the Fed notes state their desire to either raise or keep rates as is and you all want to buy in on the dips.

Come on, use your brains not your bulls...

#31     Jan 3, 2007
  2. This is a fundementals rally. The rally we have seen since 2002 has been driven by historically strong fundementals irrespective of rates. Also the fed never said he would raise rates. Selling into fear isnt smart.

#32     Jan 3, 2007
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

nice strike

#33     Jan 3, 2007

4. that the best you can do bro?

I am 100% correct on the calls....

deal with it

#34     Jan 3, 2007
  5. on a tear? hasn't moved since end of November !!!

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=^IXIC&d=t

Look at May levels. we've got plenty of upside here.

Oil is down, we're up at the moment (positive on nasdaq now) ... this is a bull market. enjoy it. ISM was good. etc etc

closing a 50 pt selloff near breakeven for the day isn't that bad.

agreed about the 5 day deal, but lets let them happen first. My gut call: that short puke was necessary. Now we've established some support for the new year.

#35     Jan 3, 2007
  6. 142

#36     Jan 3, 2007
  7. Must "we" be reminded of the FACT that the energy complex makes up a significant "weighting" in the S&P?

Duh.

:D

#37     Jan 3, 2007
  8. piezoe

piezoe

The FED has declared this a bear market. If the first 5 days are bad, then it jinxes the entire year. You have to be crazy to buy these dips.

The market has been on a tear for the last 6 months, the Fed notes state their desire to either raise or keep rates as is and you all want to buy in on the dips.

Come on, use your brains not your bulls...

Indeed! The only thing I would add is that the market has been going up for 3 years, not just 6 months. And we are moving into a period of weakening fundamentals. This is a time to exercise extra caution on the long side. A sharp correction would be in keeping with the present equities climate.

#38     Jan 3, 2007
  9. S2007S

S2007S

in qld at 80.25, looking to sell tomorrow at 82+...freeeee money....

i think today was a taste of what is to come...that hard selloff caught everyone...

#39     Jan 3, 2007
  10. Anyone notice the GOX sold off today big time as well. Normally its always a solid hedge when the market goes south.

#40     Jan 3, 2007