What a range on the ES!!!

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Trend Fader, Mar 4, 2004.

1. The continuing low volatility,
    Together with my lack of ability
    To sit out the day,
    Without clicking away,
    Has me confined to a mental facility :(

#31     Mar 4, 2004
  2. ... I've increased my leverage and brought in my stops and targets to try to maintain the same P&L opportunity as in higher vol days.

the one nice thing I have to say about days like this is that I can lower my tension by placing tighter than normal stops without incremental fear of them being run.

#32     Mar 4, 2004
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

A word of advice: You may want to learn more about the ES before you increase your leverage, unless of course you're just paper-trading.

#33     Mar 4, 2004
  4. yeah there is just no great trades around, POS markets, in currencies too today, seems like it just moves around to hurt or annoy the most players.

#34     Mar 4, 2004
  5. continue to be hot with some bottom-picking/short covering in the semis today.

By the way, the T-Bonds still had their average $1,000 range today..... Every tick is $31.25 and it is just "point and click".

:)

#35     Mar 4, 2004
  6. I wish I were papertrading :D

My brokerage statement is available somewhere on this site, so I'll leave it as an exercise for you to figure out what kind of trader I am.

Its like Soros says - you don't have to know everything about a market, you just have to know something about it better than most people. This from a man who doesn't know Black & Scholes from Black & Decker ..... but knows that he doesn't need to know :)

A word of advice : Mistake focus for ignorance at your peril.

#36     Mar 4, 2004
  7. 6 pts today... I remember 5 pt days last year...

#37     Mar 4, 2004
  8. Prediction: you will still not understand. You need a much tighter range in order to really understand him.
    :D

#38     Mar 4, 2004
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I'm just going by your questions regarding ES market-makers and inventory. If you're doing well, good for you.

#39     Mar 4, 2004
  10. prox

prox

I didn't even realize it was a narrow range today, plenty of little moves to scalp off.

#40     Mar 4, 2004