What a great couple of weeks!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by gimp570, Aug 19, 2003.

1. taodr

taodr

I have found it's not for breakout technique right now. Got to scalp small change but a lot. That is ES.

#11     Aug 19, 2003
  2. * use leverage, play big

* take profits more quickly than usual, cut losses even more quickly

* play the ping-pong game as price bounces between sup and resist -- forget about breakouts for the most part. (utilize bands like BB or Keltners)

* make sure the risk/reward makes sense for each trade -- know where the sup and resist is on each trade

* trade in the direction of a longer-term trend and buy and sell based on OB/OS levels on a smaller time frame

Don't be greedy -- play what the market gives you.

#12     Aug 19, 2003
  3. maxpi

maxpi

I've been surprised at the relative dearth of issues moved by news. I think I will change to a weekly bar interval for charting during this season next year.

#13     Aug 19, 2003
  4. gimp570

gimp570

Trading hopefully will pick up after labor day. I guess just be careful until then

#14     Aug 19, 2003
  5. Mvic

Mvic

I have found that if I keep my eye on enough markets/stocks a high quality set up will occur in at least one (usually more) at any given time. If your preferred market is not offering you any opportunities it is a good time to start researching another market rather than trading low quality opportunities just for the sake of putting some money to work.

#15     Aug 19, 2003
  6. I have to agree "adaptation" is the key here...I switched to a little longer time frame on my set-ups and have been doing more "swing-trading" set ups especially in one favorite stock I've gravitated too....I have to admit I personally have never been more successful in seeing and taking set-ups than in the last month....now I have to admit I have been sitting next to a trader in our office that has been unusually kind to me, showing me his styles, his set-ups and spotting items that I literally have been just banging it since with his mentoring....that has as much to do with it as much as anything.

Now he did leave for a short vacation during the last two weeks and I STILL was net positive after looking at my trading logs over the last two weeks so I am pleased that at least I am "teachable" and learning how to adapt to a very difficult trading marketplace.....

rttrader -

#16     Aug 19, 2003