What a freaky market, about ready to go insane

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Aaron Copland, Oct 30, 2008.

1. We are rallying as companies are laying off people by the bunches, initiating hiring freezes, and cutting their outlooks. How about all the people losing their homes or the auto manufacturers about to under and the uncertainty in our financial system?

IT DOESN'T MATTER, EVERYTHING IS GREAT..... BUY BUY BUY!!! - Stock_Turder

#31     Oct 30, 2008
  2. What kind of erratic moves into this close... oh boy!

#32     Oct 30, 2008
  3. I was tired of the choppiness so I sat on an ES Buy@ 935 , I almost closed it and sold as the support was getting tested but somehow I manged to stick until the final push and sold @955.

I'd rather have bigger swings and bigger volatility than the smaller choppiness which is a pain.

It is much easier to grab the bigger moves and let it ride.

#33     Oct 30, 2008
  4. this kind of reminds me of tech consulting contracting in the late 1990s

good bread and butter money for a strong player to be had

then, starting in 1999 and afterward, the risk (for a variety of reasons i wont go into) became uncontrolable. playing the same game you played just a short time before could get you killed.

lots of people like to beat their chests and say 'I can adapt!', but i think true pros know their limits

one in 2 thousand (at least) probability events, occurring twice in one week (limit down (friday), 2nd highest gain ever (tuesday))

#34     Oct 30, 2008
  5. Buying with no pullbacks, not even on the 100 tick. Nice :cool:

#35     Oct 30, 2008
  6. Go to 5.00 min on this song, turn it up loud and watch the last 3 minutes of trading.

Remember on Forest Gump, when Genny was strung out and standing 5 stories up about to jump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2YICwlDVfg

#36     Oct 30, 2008
  7. dsq

dsq

since you have some control here on the boards why dont you block his ip address and ban him?He's a spammer.I dont know why you or who ever owns this site allows crap like that on here.He obviously degrades the site significantly.Do something about it already.

#37     Oct 30, 2008
  8. mr888

mr888

Don't get sad, start trading DOW futures at 3:55PM :D

#38     Oct 30, 2008

9. Companies laying off people. But only a FEW sectors are downsizing. Auto, and financial mainly. But other sectors such as tech, energy, commodity, and multinational aren't. Thats why unemployment is only 6% and won't rise more than 8%.

Some people are losing their homes, but defaults are only a tiny percentage of total home ownership. It's not a big deal.

Those who don't like my posts can always put me on ignore.

or you can join one of those 'private' trading forums where there's only one or two posts in a single day lol. Those who know the holy grail to trading aren't going to disclose it on a public forum anyway

#39     Oct 30, 2008
  10. piezoe

piezoe

The market is untradable for me at the moment. Huge range per bar is sometimes indicative of a changing point (top or bottom) in the markets. In the present case, the market is sending us a message, and the message is: "YIKES!."

#40     Oct 30, 2008