What a freaky market, about ready to go insane

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Aaron Copland, Oct 30, 2008.

1. I agree. Of course me and most Police/Sheriff's Dept.'s in the country are a bit worried about the possible riots too.ymmv

#21     Oct 30, 2008

2. Yesterdays close 491 points in 11 minutes.

#22     Oct 30, 2008
  3. Your brutal honesty will increase your odds of being long term net positive, with permanent gains, compared to those bathing in hubris.

You're well on your way.

#23     Oct 30, 2008
  4. yeah that was absurd :eek:

breaking to new highs, then double top and 400+ drop

#24     Oct 30, 2008
  5. Yup up we go again. Time for a 2 hour rally till the closing bell. Dow close up 3% ..5%..8%??? The momentum is not over. The funds are pouring tons of money into the market after all the 401K losers sold in fear during the last three weeks. Huge short positions taken out last week by hedge funds are being forced to cover. These guys were betting on a retest of October 10th following dire econ news. They ere wrong.

Some my friends are asking me if they should sell (because they see that I spend a lot of time following the market). I tell them to do nothing and invest in large cap tech and or an ETF such as QQQQ or DIA. Or a combination of QQQQ and EWZ. It really doesn't matter since everything will go up.

Dow 12K soon, then a steady rally to 14,000. So far the recovery is beginning to resemble a 'v'. This does not come as a surprise to me.

#25     Oct 30, 2008
  6. dsq

dsq

this type of market is great for some and not for others.Some do better with hi volatility and others with lo volatility.Just sit it out and use patience.Today i have not seen any good set ups in the dow stocks i trade so i havent traded today.
    MArket is more stable today but the last hour could be crazy.

#26     Oct 30, 2008
  7. jem

jem

there is a chance the market will be thin and whippy for a while.

I suspect a lot of the reversion to the mean guys are out of business. So all the arbing between markets based on selling here and buying over there are gone.

Plus the ones still in business are not going to be allowed the same leverage for a long time.

I might be off my rocker but the es and zb seem to very different markets. reminds me of the naz 100 and the qqq when it first came out. I love it.

#27     Oct 30, 2008
  8. We're in permanent rally mode. Feb 2003 all over again.

#28     Oct 30, 2008
  9. LOL....Who you trying to convince?

#29     Oct 30, 2008
  10. Himself. Every post he makes is dumber than the previous one. I thought he couldn't get any worse, but that was a year ago. Since then he, like the market, has continued to make new lows.

#30     Oct 30, 2008