What a freaky market, about ready to go insane

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Aaron Copland, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Yes.

Of course.

We are about to enter a bull phase when we're going to see the sharpest rise in unemployment since 1979-1982.

Jobs not only aren't central to economic growth, they no longer matter.

Good luck to you. You'll need it.

#11     Oct 30, 2008
  2. boo hoo hoo

my advice is to buy now (GOOG EWz AAPL RIMM) and do noting for 15 months. But that would be too easy.

Anyway, this pattern is very similar to Monday: a strong open, a steady selloff to break even, followed by a HUGE rally in the final 2 hours of trading where the dow gains 5%.

#12     Oct 30, 2008
  3. lol is this post a joke?

#13     Oct 30, 2008
  4. I thought these daytraders were the experts. Supposedly they can trade both sides of the market and make money hand over fist.

#14     Oct 30, 2008
  5. You can feel the life being sucked out of the buyers, this could be a fun last couple hours. Contrary to our renowned trading expert stucktrader, the hedgies are sellers, and the mutuals have no money to buy. Let's see what happens, but dow 10k by manana? Fat chance.

#15     Oct 30, 2008
  6. I'll settle for dow 9K, too. That is still a huge gain for the week. And looks like there is no dumping this time. ALL the gains of last Tuesday held. All 900 points of em'.

Even the GDP came in better than expected: only down 3/10 percent instead of the expected 1/2 percent. So far all econ and earnings data better than the consensus.

#16     Oct 30, 2008
  7. so ST has trading figured out now? LMAO. Well guys - ther you have it. . .time to retrace that 900 points, lol.

paysense

@Aaron: it helps me to sit out a bit until this volatility (vix) decreases some more.

#17     Oct 30, 2008
  8. Why the heck are you trading when the VIX is at these levels then?

It's not the market...it's the fact you're probably addicted.

#18     Oct 30, 2008
  9. I don't think the issue is risk since he is trading 100 shares. The issue is "quick whips with no retrace what so ever."

Honestly, this market is challenging me as well. Breakeven, losing, and non-trading days have become more frequent. Some would say that makes me a bad trader, fine I am a terrible trader. All I know is I was doing great before the shit hit the fan (short ban day) and now I am just getting by, but I am adapting and getting better with each day.

Maybe this type of market favors a certain style of trader. Possibly breakout traders?

Aaron if you look on the 100 tick chart of the YM you will notice alot of the large moves have micro pullbacks. Don't know if that helps.

Adapt of take a break I guess.

#19     Oct 30, 2008
  10. Right... who do you work for, I wonder how many trolls are here to keep the suckers palying along by bashing any one who questions the market action.

Gee the market must be great, thats why every fund mannager and hedge fund and investment bank is loosing ther ass.

But hey robbie380 is doing GREAT!

#20     Oct 30, 2008