What a freaky market, about ready to go insane

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Aaron Copland, Oct 30, 2008.

1. I'm about ready to quit trading, I'm fed up with these 500 point moves in the Dow in less than ten minutes.

Saying that we must be close to an end to these violent moves. I have had enough.

And the overnight moves like last night give me a break. I'm to old for this.

2. Ye, it's just horrible.

:D

3. Just relax. Take a deep breath and embrace this period.

In a few months you'll be saying I wish we had that volatility back.

If you really don't like it then walk away. No one is forcing you to trade.

4. Why ? Scalping for pennies? Thats a horrible risk/reward.

Reduce your size. Its not worth taking $50k risk to make $50.

5. I can handle volatility, not this much though. To many quick whips with no retrace what so ever, poof profits gone.

6. I'm trading DIA in 100 share lots. Scale in and out, but things are moving way to fast. It's not like i'm loosing just not making anything.

Wasting my time it seems for now.

7. Cut your size to reflect the average daily trade range. You will sit in the trades longer, but you should have better luck.

8. Amen

I am thinking we go way down Mon or Tues while media hypes uncertainty over election. If there are election fraud issues that drag it out (and I'm betting there will be) then a massive drop before the bull let's loose.

Curious what other's here think of my "newbie" idea.

9. I am sitting on sidelines for now - market moving too fast for me! I'm the right way, but having problems with the timing. Better for me to stay (relatively) flat and not simply trade to trade.

I am not sure that we aren't going to be entering into a new period of increased volatility overall for quite a while to come.
    Equities may fall into disfavor as an asset class. What's the next bubble? Back to money markets like we were in to early 80's?

10. the market keep going higher but the financial are really lagging behind.
    Not much buying power going in financials :(

#10     Oct 30, 2008