What a Dull Market Today

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Flashboy, Nov 7, 2003.

1. on the BONDS and the E-MINIS can definitely help your cause!

:)

#11     Nov 7, 2003
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Exactly right. Develop one bread-and-butter strategy and master it before taking on anything else.

#12     Nov 7, 2003
  3. VOLUME

VOLUME

"was it really that dull? 13 point range, schizoid morning and greaseslide during the last hour....what more could you ask for?"

It turned out to be a good trading day. However, the last half hour tumble hadn't occurred yet when the thread was started.

#13     Nov 7, 2003
  4. #15     Nov 7, 2003
  5. Yep, you took the words right out of my mouth!

:)

#16     Nov 7, 2003
  6. 3vian

3vian

There is always something moving! You just need to find it (or be told what the big guys are interested in!). Played FOX and WM today. Beautiful print just before the bell on FOX and I'm lovin' it.

#17     Nov 7, 2003
  7. gaincapital comments on todays move

The dollar got lambasted in spite of a robust Non Farm Payrolls number that exceeded 100,000 (126,000). EUR/USD raced from 1.1377 to 1.1535 while USD/JPY dashed from 110.40 to 109.10. In addition, USD/CHF dropped from 1.3803 to 1.3610 and USD/CAD flopped from 1.3375 to 1.3215. Some traders attributed today’s dollar sell off to terrorist type threats placed on the US embassy (which eventually shut down) and/or the raising of the terror alert by the Homeland Security Department. But surely, the market’s massive accumulation of dollars in anticipation of a good Unemployment number probably had as much to do with today’s price activity as anything else. Now, the market must be wondering just what will it take for the dollar to make additional gains against its G-7 counterparts after the release of some phenomenal data

#18     Nov 7, 2003
  8. and gold moved higher after the early morning shakout

one could have traded these instead

note that bonds , fx , gold , are entirely different

than equities to trade

#19     Nov 7, 2003
  9. Today was one of the few days when I managed to scratch out a gain from trading ES and NQ: $25.40 total for the day. I'm getting that Rolls Royce now.

#20     Nov 7, 2003