What a difference a week makes

Discussion in 'Journals' started by interdigital, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Today I used the rally as an opportunity to liquidate all of my IDCC (what a POS, market was up > 1%, and IDCC was up 7 cents). That wipes out the margin debt. IDCC reports earnings on Thursday, and it's too risky to hold.

Of course, if anyone wants some guaranteed money, just look at the fact that I sold. That's your buy signal for IDCC.

#61     Feb 25, 2008
  2. It's up about 5% today, like I said, guaranteed money.

#62     Feb 26, 2008
  3. Well my decision to dump all my IDCC was good - IDCC reported earnings today and was down over 6%. (The timing of my decision was bad though, I should have waited one more day to dump, would have had an extra $10K or so.)

TA killed me today though. On IDCC's chart, there was a gap in December at 17.00. So today, I was going to buy back my shares under 17. It dropped... to 17.06 and started going back up, and up, and up. It's tough to re-enter a large position when you have to chase the stock. I still bought back lower than my dumping price, although if it weren't for my insistence to wait for the gap to be filled, I could have had an extra $9K or so.

#63     Feb 28, 2008
  4. So whats your balance now? you in the positives?

#64     Feb 29, 2008
  5. I think this guy is a "theater" major and does his training on the "method" and some how fools ya all about his trades - it seems unreal that a normal person would have lazze-fair attitude towards that kind of losses..

Perhaps in the twisted way he feeds on the energy his bogus posts generate..

#65     Feb 29, 2008
  6. Pavlovian Mutt, or anyone else, let's bet $100K if you think I'm lying.

#66     Mar 7, 2008
  7. i think you should stop trading. you're going to lose more.
    what is WM ? > Washington Mutual > these stocks are for the very experienced ones, i would not dare to invest in financial companies today or in 10 years. too volatile.

#67     Apr 19, 2008
  8. nimble

nimble

interdigital, you need to start listening if you want out of this situation.

****** STOP TRADING ******

if you don't even have that discipline to stop now, you cannot succeed in long run.

many contributors to this thread is trying to tell you the ONLY way is to be successful long run is to have discipline to follow your system's rules (assuming you have one) and trade the right size for your account.

right now, you need to rest the brain and body and come back to continue the battle. it might take you many months to recover, and that's what you pay for the lesson for wanting to be a trader (or are you an investor?! you need to be clear)

#68     Apr 19, 2008
  9. maui

maui

Please contact me before it's too late. I can help you. No promises or miracles...just solutions.

#69     Apr 21, 2008