What a beautiful little monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nitro, Sep 4, 2006.

1. nitro

nitro

One of my old LCDs died and I had to do something quick. I just picked up one of these

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat01010&id=1142295055252

I am astonished at the clarity and brightness of this little monitor. The text and colors are vivid and clear. The whites are nearly paper white. $179 on sale for a DVI connection with native 1280 x 1024 resolution and VESA compliant. The simpliticy of the design is also very appealing. Taking off the base and mouting one of these on an ergotron would take 60 seconds.

I am going to get three more and mount them on an ergotron quad arm.

Don't buy them all and leave me some.

nitro

P.S. The link makes the monitor look like a grayish case - it is not, it is black.

2. belavia

belavia

It is great, I have one as well. Make sure you set it up directly across from your eyes, as the display tints significantly at other angles.

3. nitro

nitro

Huh?

Mine is sitting well below my line of sight (because the base is not telescoping) and I don't see anything other than pure beauty. I am not sure what you are referring to.

nitro :confused:

4. rjv27

rjv27

5. just curious nitro, did you pay $179 or did you pay something more and have to send in a factory rebate to get that price.

I recently bought a dual monitor video card at Circuit City for $40, but I had to pay $80 and send in two different rebates, 1 to the manufacturer and 1 to c.c home office. Geez, the hoops you have to go through to pay the listed price is silly, almost false pricing if you ask me. :mad:

Well, it is because they don't count the 8 week lag time for the rebate, or cost of carry either. This is a huge money maker for them because most people don't even bother sending in these rebates(due to the hassle or whatever).

I feel much better after getting that off my chest, thanks for listening. :p

6. Too little. Monitors are 20" and up these days. 17" monitors are old news.

7. BestBuy has the 19" version on sale for $219.00. Not bad.

8. joshuashao

joshuashao Guest

Our company purchased some LCD monitor as well.

#10     Sep 4, 2006