What 95% certainty of warming means to scientists

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

I may have misread something along the way.
    But I think futurecunts thought you were somehow agreeing with him.

#21     Sep 25, 2013
  2. They seem not to be able to understand the very simple concept of why a 40% increase of the greenhouse CO2 from the burning of FF will raise the temperature of the earth. It's a concept that a ten year old can grasp, but incredibly, Republicans can't. Amazing. And perhaps the best single proof of how dumb pubs are.

#22     Sep 25, 2013
  3. What case? What are you retarded? You think WATTSUPWITDAT is on par with NOAA and NASA? I see the problem here. You're a moron. That seem to be the case with all the denialists here. Simply stupid.

#23     Sep 25, 2013
  4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

It is certainly more on par than http://www.skepticalscience.com/ that is funded by Al Gore's hedge fund and others who will make money off of global warming alarmism.

#24     Sep 25, 2013
  5. jem

jem

thats pretty ficken crazy to say considering all the data science has shows co2 trailing warming and we know that as oceans warms they release co2.

and considering we just had a 100% increase in co2 and temps have not gone up for 16 years.

What warms the oceans? The science is showing the sun and perhaps underwater volcanoes?

What causes less sun to come down to warm the oceans..
    CO2.

You see how that model works?

Ocean warms CO2 gets released... over time less sun then hits the oceans, earth cools.

now you tell me whose model makes sense..

mine or the agw nutters?

Now tell me... which model has more recent papers backing it?

#25     Sep 25, 2013
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Five will get ya ten this guy doesn't have a single real friend in the world.

#26     Sep 25, 2013
  7. stoic

stoic

Have you noticed how the Chicken Little's always like the ".....40% increase of the greenhouse CO2....!!!" quote.

It sounds so much more dramatic than to say an increase from 280 parts per million to 390 parts per million.

#27     Sep 25, 2013
  8. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Let's play Chicken Little over climate
    http://opinion.financialpost.com/2013/09/23/lawrence-solomon-lets-play-chicken-little/

Climate change models that claim the world will suffer great harm in future are “close to useless,” pronounces a prestigious new study by Robert S. Pindyck, a physicist, engineer, professor of Economics and Finance at MIT’s Sloan School of Management and true believer in perils from global warming. Pindyck is speaking of the gold standard in climate change models — Integrated Assessment Models (IAM), which combine data from both climate models and economic models.

“I couldn’t agree more,” says Tom Rand of Toronto’s MaRS group, another true believer. He has dedicated a chapter in an upcoming book to “eviscerating” the same models that Pindyck shreds. “The IAM models are garbage.”

So what, says Connie Hedegaard, the EU’s Commissioner for Climate Action. “Let’s say that science, some decades from now, said ‘we were wrong, it was not about climate’, would it not in any case have been good to do many of things you have to do in order to combat climate change?”

So, it’s come down to this — we now have widespread agreement from numerous true believers that the models — the only source of scary scenarios — are junk. But the true believers want us to take action on climate change regardless, out of prudence, on the mere possibility that the sky could be falling. It’s an “insurance policy,” Pindyck explains, with other true believers nodding in agreement

(more at above url)

#28     Sep 25, 2013
  9. They seem not to be able to understand the very simple concept of why a 40% increase of the greenhouse CO2 from the burning of FF will raise the temperature of the earth. It's a concept that a ten year old can grasp, but incredibly, Republicans can't. Amazing. And perhaps the best single proof of how dumb pubs are.

Plus essentially the entire science community of the world is in agreement.

So not only they have to ignore common sense. They also have to ignore virtually all the world's experts in the subject.

The denialists (Republicans, same thing) are beyond dumb, they are pathologically and seemingly intentionally moronic.

#29     Sep 25, 2013
  10. No moron. It's more informative. You see, they use the term percent gain in trading for the same reason. You may have heard of it. You probably forgot.

Once again the problem is obvious. The denialists are simply stupid.

#30     Sep 25, 2013