What $100 BILLION can buy you...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by turkeyneck, Jul 20, 2008.

1. i have visited south africa, moroco, tunisia and egypt and those countries look pretty good, but i agree the rest is just... no word to describe how f#@!# up things are going on in those countries.

#11     Jul 22, 2008
  2. total BS

#12     Jul 22, 2008
  3. The Sharpeone, is that your elitist fascism showing through?

#13     Jul 22, 2008
  4. how do they tell if the batteries are charged or not? do they have the little strip?

#14     Jul 22, 2008
  5. #15     Jul 22, 2008
  6. copa8

copa8

they will probably blame past exploits of colonalism for this again. i always thought why then do asian countries who had endured similar treatments are doing so well now relative to african countries. :confused:

#16     Jul 22, 2008
  7. Gabon, Botswana and Namibia. Although Botswana has a high percentage of HIV cases amongst its populace.

#17     Jul 22, 2008
  8. Does anyone know why when massive inflation like this occurs a Country does not just resort to some sort of Barter system?

To me it seems absolutely insane that this country still has all the resources and labour potential it had before but because the "money" is hyper-inflating they decide to starve. It would not be that hard to set up some rudimentary barter currency to use in a community sense. There are even precedence for this like in Alberta during the Great Depression they ended up resorting to that same type of tactic and it did work. The party that started up this system the SoCreds continued in office for another 40 years so it must have been fairly successful.

#18     Jul 22, 2008
  9. Cesko

Cesko

LOL.
    :D :D :D

#19     Jul 22, 2008
  10. would you say that eminen is one of these white babies with "tribal ways"?

#20     Jul 22, 2008