WFMI - Whole Foods

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by DeepFried, Nov 1, 2005.

1. wyatt5505

wyatt5505

unfi- whole foods largest supplier, was having a great run also, it lost 12% last week after the unexpected resignation of the ceo "for personal reasons". Might be good for a pop if he really did resign "for personal reasons"

#11     Nov 1, 2005
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

can't find any thing at wholefoods but I'm addict to traderjoe, it feel like going on a treasure hunt sometimes.

#12     Nov 1, 2005
  3. Wild Oats is the only game in town in the Tahoe/Reno area, but they don't seem to have the customers.

WFMI vol is well-bid. I'd look to sell the Novie 140 straddle here to short some deltas.

#13     Nov 1, 2005
  4. Yeah, and $22 for a rib eye... for $22 they better broil the phucker and serve it with a baked potato.

#14     Nov 1, 2005
  5. Hw far out were the puts?

#15     Nov 1, 2005
  6. I just went there for milk and came home with $40 worth of stinky cheese, organic nachos and not-so-sweet sparkling beverages.

This place is a disposable income-sucking machine.

#16     Nov 2, 2005
  7. you have a stiken grocery store at 65 p/e. they bought harrys farmers market that is twice the size of wfmi stores and harrys went under. wait till the recession hists next year wfmi will be devasted

#17     Nov 2, 2005
  8. WFMI & AAPL are running on pure momo..

there fundementals are detached from their stock price...

--MIKE

#18     Nov 2, 2005
  9. Banjo

Banjo

Another view:
    Every society has a mean, a center of gravity. This concensual perception automatically becomes a metric from which it views itself. A percieved deviation from this mean will be considered demographic deterioration or demographic appreciation. If you are in a lilly white wasp neighborhood and you see black people moving in you will percieve it as demographic deterioation etc, etc. The idea is that if there is a percievable change you must check a + or - box, no zeros allowed, political correctness aside, this is the way your mind is working wether you admit it or not.
    In almost all major cities there is an effort underway to reclaim central areas, gentrification is the loosely used term. High rise condos/apts, parks, etc. This is demographic appreciation personified. These people will have more money, be better educated , utilize private schools, be in better physical health than the average. This concept is expanding rapidly accross the country. These buildings have retail stores on the first floor. Builders have discovered that WFMI and gyms are the biggest draw to help sell condos/apts. WFMI has a dept that deals with this opportunity. What this means is that WFMI is postitioning itself into an expanding demographic apprecciation segment of society. This group will always look for the best quality to put in their bodies and contrary to some opinions they aren't going broke anytime soon.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=WFMI

I see 88% of the outstanding 67.28 mm shares is held by institutions, and 1.15 by insiders. Roughly 90% is out of play. That leaves 6.7mm shares in play, prolly half that isn't going anywhere soon. There are 3.69 mm shorts, I'm happy not to one of them.

http://www2.barchart.com/sectors.asp?sec=Grocery~Stores.sec&hlt=WFMI&level=2&title=Grocery+Stores

http://quote.barchart.com/texpert.asp?sym=WFMI

You boys have fun.
    Did I mention they'll be happy to take the elevator ride and bring it to your door.

#19     Nov 3, 2005
  10. Best company in the space. People like to spend money on themselves, it is the new luxury good. be careful shorting.

#20     Nov 3, 2005