"We've grown up around firearms. We know the safety and we practice it."

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Apr 25, 2011.

1. If the person legally owns the gun, that means he's passed an FBI background check and does not have a criminal record. Why would that bother me at a coffee shop or anywhere else?

I have a permit to carry a concealed weapon, as do 6 million other people in this country. We're law abiding citizens and commit crimes at a tiny fraction of the rate of the general population. I'm sure there are a few bad apples, but it's rare for someone who legally owns a gun to commit a violent crime.

Where I live, 80% of the violent crime is committed by gang bangers (aka criminals). I'm not worried about legal gun owners. It's criminals we should be concerned about.

#31     Apr 26, 2011
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

if he has followed the law, registered his firearm, gotten his permit to carry concealed, i dont have a problem with him. i am not going to cause harm to him, and therefore i am no threat to him.

#32     Apr 26, 2011
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

sorry, i didnt see Tom's post before i made mine, but he echoes my thoughts exactly.

+1.

#33     Apr 26, 2011
  4. elon

elon

Just let natural selection take its course. Those who accidentally shoot their children just won't have grandchildren and BOOM! Just like that, their genes are unappologetically weeded out of the gene pool.

#34     Apr 26, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm actually all for this. Unfortunately we keep interfering with nature instead of letting it run it's course.

#35     Apr 26, 2011
  6. zdreg

zdreg

you should have bought gene.

#36     May 2, 2011