Western media war reporting a farce

Discussion in 'Politics' started by alfonso, Mar 31, 2003.

1. Isn't Geraldo a raging liberal who confessed to kissing another male ( russian dancer) and who professed his funding love and admiration of the job Bill Clinton was doing??? wasn't he against the impeachment?....He is a known liberal...along with Colmes, and greta Van sustain......yet they work for a conservative station that claims to be fair and balanced....Hmmmmm????

Could you just admit it: you don't want ANY conservatives on the air and you , like most liberals are pissed that FOX news has left the other standard liberal media's in the dust???? Name me some prominent conservatives on: the nightly news? How many conservatives have their own show on MSNBC, CNN??? FOX has geraldo, greta, Colmes......

#31     Apr 1, 2003
  2. "I know coz Fox tells me so". :)

Good job repeating the company line on this war.

You are obviously seeing Iraq, Iraqis and the Mid East through the filter of your own value system and expect that the above groups will also share it, or conform to it. That leaves you with a massive distortion of what is reality in those regions.

Why don't you take a few days (weeks maybe) and get some bearing on what is really going on in the world before you come making bets based on the spin doctors' rhetoric.

#32     Apr 1, 2003

3. Colmes? Can he even get a word in?
    Robin from Batman and Robin had a greater pull in his partnership than this nancy boy.

#33     Apr 1, 2003

4. Your not answering the larger questions....again....nice diversion...i would invite you once again to read my post and furnish a ist of conservatives who are prominently fixed on the other networks......

also, out of the big three: rather , brokaw, jennings.....Please tell me which one is most likely to vote republican???? i'd say none....

the weekly sunday morning shows....Tim Russert has the most prominent one....Very liberal....so are you really complaining about FOX or are you just pissed that the monopoly has some competition?,,,,,,,isn't freedom of speech good? Doesn't FOX have a right? and of all the stations, who is the most fair and balanced ?....name some names

#34     Apr 1, 2003
  5. I don't know TM, I don't really watch a lot of American news.

But I have watched Hannity & Colmes a few times.

I was just kidding around really. It's funny how they call it Hannity & Colmes but 80% of the talking is done by Hannity.

He even outtalks his interviewees by a 6:1 margin.

:)

#35     Apr 1, 2003

6. ....Right , and Phill Donahue was Mr. Openness...that guy was the WORST i've seen and even the lib's had to put him and the show out of its misery.....Remember when he came on and how he was supposed to 'take on o'reilly'....you know what show WAS good back in the day was cross fire with Buchanen and kingsley....the new one sucks but those other two were entertaining

#36     Apr 1, 2003
  7. agree with the rest, but not sure about Russert - he seems to be one of the few professionals in 'mainstream' tv news.

fox should get someone more aggressively annoying to match with hannity -- someone like carville. though they'd probably lose viewers...

#37     Apr 1, 2003
  8. Nothing like a reactionary who has no argument so he resorts to ad hominem. Whatever. You will be relegated to the dustbin of history. I hope you enjoy your little show. The only one impressed is you.

#38     Apr 1, 2003
  9. You seem to enjoy name-calling when you can't win an argument. Is that what men do in your country?

#39     Apr 1, 2003
  10. I think the war reporting is fantastic, you just have to know where to go. For instance, here is a great in depth article:

Hussein Kills Image Softeners

BAGHDAD, Iraq (DPI) - Consultants hired by Saddam Hussein to soften his image were executed on Monday as his international approval ratings remained stagnant. The consultants, who advised the Iraqi leader to wear more earth tones and to shy away from the retro-Josef Stalin look, were beaten and beheaded, then dragged through the streets with piano wire. The Iraqi government issued a statement noting that Hussein's execution of the unsuccessful consultants only shows the world "how serious (he) is about reforming his image with the international community."

#40     Apr 1, 2003