West Palm Beach

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by palmbeachtrader, Apr 7, 2006.

1. naz9403

naz9403

I just like the warm climates.

my career plan is to find the highest paying job that i can get in a warm climate and trade my own account until i am able to trade full time. I don't want a hedge fund job or a stock broker job. I want to trade myself and if i'm good enough i'll graduate to trading for a living. I think thats a realistic goal.

What areas are the best in your opinion to do this?

#21     Jul 31, 2006
  2. Surdo

Surdo

Ipanema, Brasil or Cabarete, Dominican Republic are both nice.

#22     Jul 31, 2006
  3. nravo

nravo

Warm climate + good salary = Southern California. It used to be that the cost of living in South Florida would offset the lower salaries, but no more. The area is fast becoming almost as expensive (and as crowded) as the Northeast and SoCal, although the tax benefits are still nice. If you're looking for a six-fire staff job in a cubicle somewhere with no winter to speak of and an ocean nearby, SoCal has it over SoFla easily. But your expenses and taxes will still be higher. (Much younger and better looking babes in L.A. than in SoFla., too.)

#23     Jul 31, 2006
  4. nravo

nravo

And what will he do there? Bartend?

#24     Jul 31, 2006
  5. Surdo

Surdo

I trade from both places between windsurfing and enjoying the local talent.

#25     Jul 31, 2006
  6. nravo

nravo

Yes, I can see trading from exotic locales, but the most recent poster was asking about a place to find a high-paying office job as an economist or something, so he could bank some money to use for trading down the road a bit.

#26     Jul 31, 2006
  7. Surdo

Surdo

Yawn!

Thanks for clarifying what the OP's job needs are.

#27     Jul 31, 2006
  8. naz9403

naz9403

Thanks for your reply,

jobwise not even super high paying, the highest paying i can find that will hire me. I have an econ degree from michigan state university. I will graduate this spring.

i was either going to florida or socal, but i was worried about the cost of living and now that you cleared that up my choice is easy. I'm not a ignorant young trader. I've been trading since i was 16 and actively trading since i was 19, have read every book under the sun. The boring cubicle life is not what i want forever but it is necessary if i want to trade for a living in the future.

#28     Jul 31, 2006
  9. nravo

nravo

Understood. Apologies if I sounded condescending. We all started somwhere. Your plan sounds as viable as any. Socal will be expensive, but offer so much more, especially at your age, in terms of salary/income, life experiences, people, etc., than SoFla. Good luck.

#29     Jul 31, 2006
  10. naz9403

naz9403

Thanks for your replies, info was very helpful.

#30     Jul 31, 2006