West Coast Road Trip

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by CPTrader, Nov 12, 2005.

1. if you are doing a road trip, start from arizona, drive up to grand canyon. then drive to LA, and then up the coast to SF. that should be good

#11     Nov 12, 2005
  2. wabrew

wabrew

I am from NE. A friend of mine from FL met me in San Diego last January. We golfed from Tijuana to Palm Springs by way of Santa Barbara ove 10 days. We drank more wine than we hit balls, but had a great time doing it.

If you really want to kill yourself driving, then start in Oregon and do one of the redwood forests on the way down to San Fran, also stop at the wineries in the Russian river vally north of Santa Rosa, then spend at least two nights in San Fran. (Bring lots of warm clothes if you are in San Fran in Jan). Then go to Santa Barbara, LA, and San Deigo over however much time you have left.

Forget the grand canyon but go to Las Vegas if you have time (its about 4 hours from Ontario.

#12     Nov 12, 2005
  3. Unless you like rain, I'd skip Seattle if I were you(this coming from a Seattleite). Summer months are best to visit instead(sunsets occur around 9:30pm vs 4pm in winter). However, if you enjoy skiing/snowboarding and still want to visit Pacific Northwest, then skip Seattle, travel up north to Vancouver, BC for great sushi and 2 hrs further north to Whistler - the best snow resort in North America. It's a great melting pot. You literally see people from all over the world.

On this leg of your trip though, it'd be a hassle to drive all the way up here. If you are into snow sport, I'd hit Lake Tahoe instead.

Enjoy.

#13     Nov 12, 2005
  4. Right now we are having some phenomenal Fall weather with crystal clear views of the Bay and temperatures in the low 70's!

http://scienceview.berkeley.edu/view/

Webcam of the San Francisco Bay from the Berkeley Hills.

:)

#14     Nov 14, 2005