Were your Hotmail addresses stolen?

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by lindq, Feb 24, 2010.

1. makes sense. People should change their email passwords OFTEN. Some keep them for years.

But also, wonder how many people here still do not use antivirus, firewalls, spyware detectors and other appropriate methods?

#11     Feb 25, 2010
  2. Lethn

Lethn

Learn to make several hotmail accounts if you even get the slightest feeling that something could go wrong.

I don't even give strangers my main email anymore because I know it'll result in nothing but retarded spam.

#12     Feb 25, 2010
  3. dtan1e

dtan1e

i think changing your hotmail password works for me before. after that don't store your password, like where you click the option to allow the system to remember your password

#13     Feb 25, 2010
  4. lindq

lindq

If this wasn't so sad it would be funny.

Get this.

I sent a complaint to Microsoft regarding the theft of my email list and its use in spamming.

Microsoft's response was sent to their own Junk Mail box in my inbox folder.

Thus, they are junking their own email within their own system. They don't trust their own email.

Things just get stranger and stranger.

#14     Feb 25, 2010
  5. Surdo

Surdo

Why is this strange, you apparantly have your SPAM filter set to "whitelist", if the e mail is not a contact it is considered SPAM.

#15     Feb 25, 2010