Were your Hotmail addresses stolen?

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by lindq, Feb 24, 2010.

1. lindq

lindq

Someone hacked my MSN Hotmail address book and used it for a spam mailing.

Wondering if this has happened to anyone else recently?

2. Happened to one of my yahoo addresses about a year ago. I changed the password and it stopped.

3. A few weeks ago somebody hacked a friend of mine's yahoo account. I'm getting shitloads of spam now to both email's he has for me.

Total BS... spamming should be illegal and strictly enforced.

4. Funny I just saw an ad recruiting a hacker to crack a hotmail password !

5. We should get Chinese on their asses, remove their organs and then execute them.

6. Actually my account wasn't hacked for spamming but for propagating some kind of trojan which is even worse. Everyone in my address book was getting an e-mail saying "hey! check this out!" and it had a nasty attachment on it.

Luckily I wasn't using that addy any more after switching to gmail so most of the addresses were stale.

7. Yes. About three weeks ago.

8. the1

the1

Got the same thing. I was some Canadian Pharmacy BS. Fortunately, I didn't click on it but since it came from a friend I know a number of people who did. It downloads a bunch of backdoor Trojans.

9. Surdo

Surdo

A chica stole my leche once.

10. I haven't used hotmail for a very long time now because I feel they don't have much security and their features are not very friendly to use.

#10     Feb 24, 2010