"Were value investors"

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by NY_HOOD, Jan 17, 2009.

1. wow i love how people are like man warren buffet is the man value investing is the shit.... and they are like trading is for gamblers and it never beats market buy and hold has always beat trading blah blah blah bullshit then we hit a recession peoples emotions spiral out of control ZOMG MY LIFE IS RUINED common people.

we all know value investing is a good idea

we all know DIV investing is a good idea

some of us know trading is a good idea

we all know buy and hold is a good idea

yadda yadda yadda but if you were buy and hold over the past 30 years... technically unless you got really screwed and didnt protect yourself you still got more out of your investments than you put in.

even as investors with brokers you have to do your dd ask your broker why hes buying why hes selling what mutual funds hes putting you into performance how they handle set back and plans for situations like this.

They are all good models to use you just have to use them correctly if your not doing your own valuations ... and own DD on what you own your a pawn and your paying inflated prices.. I dont know about you but when i shop i like to get the best deal for my money or investment and i cant see paying for a TOP end brand with low ratings because its a hot ticket name brand item.

ive youve been in more than 7 years youve still got more than you started with maybe its time to think about moving into new positions that have the highest possibility of sharper come backs in the next bull market ... this wont last forever the money handlers will make sure of it just as theyve made sure it happened.

Point is stop all this nonsense people do this every 4 years in recession and we all knew this was coming.... whether you want to believe it or not today is a glorious day for a buy and holder or value investor as long as it really is a good investment and not a load of crap that you were sold by a fast talking NY man over the phone from a company that sort of sounds like a company you heard of before but not sure.

theres good value out there look at some of these miracle companies out there WITH HUGE increases to revenue who through this mess are paying down debt... continue your investments and when this crap ends your gonna be in a much better position than you were before anyways.

and maybe the BEST INVESTMENT ADVICE I CAN GIVE YOU is .... dont listen to JIM CRAMER

#11     Jan 18, 2009
  2. Correct. It's all about supply vs. demand. Fundamentals are never directly priced in, but have to go through the intermediate step of investor psychology.

#12     Jan 18, 2009