Were rates just cut overnight?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by pumpanddumper, Jan 15, 2008.

1. LOL, heard that douche on Bloomberg as I watched the futures bounce up.

Sorry, false alarm.

I need max carnage at least to hold till morning so I can swoop in on the dip. Bear protection is taking the night off and celebrating.

180 will be in effect and fress sucker rally is on the horizon. Will you be buying into the frenzy or selling it?

My knife catching skills will be tested once again tomorrow.

#11     Jan 15, 2008
  2. Mvic

Mvic

Might have been this on the CC

Intel Chief Executive Paul Otellini dismissed concerns that the company was hurt by slowed spending in the U.S., noting that three-quarters of Intel's business comes from outside the U.S. and the global PC industry appears healthy

#12     Jan 15, 2008
  3. Dow 12,000 is a certainty, it just may not be this week. Nothing goes straight up, or down

#13     Jan 15, 2008
  4. dsq

dsq

i got cornholed on intc last week glad i dumped my 1000 shares@22.83....had held it and traded it a bit for a few days ...lost about 1500 total but woulda been down close to 6k on this f up.

#14     Jan 15, 2008
  5. Good move man. My old trading mentality would of said "I'll hold into earnings" and let it ride. You got out of a shit trade before it got shittier. Good job I say!

I must say I am debating the dead cat bounce play at $19 and change. Think I'll stick to my Etf's though....

#15     Jan 15, 2008
  6. Dow 11500 is certain, 12000 is given.

Coverd my shorts at close, was a blessing that i did not expect.

out look is major volatility for the week, both directions moving fast and huge.

Bear Market signals are all in place, except the few bright spots from the talking heads.

However, % wise, we are not quite in the capitulation zone. However, Mid Jan is here and Jan looks to be a very bad month.

S&P forecast still call for 6.3% return this year.

we will see

#16     Jan 15, 2008
  7. dsq

dsq

"My old trading mentality would of said "I'll hold into earnings" and let it ride. "

ya,old days i would have done a myriad of stupid things but holding thru earnings wasnt ever a specialty of mine.Ive always loathed earnings reports-mostly cuz i sit them out and miss all this great money i woulda made....

i originally bought 2000 intc at around 25 90 but i thankfully dumped half at the close at almost breakeven pt and the next day it got that frikkin downgrade from merril or whatever so i was wacked good on the 1000 and started trading all the dips (avg down) and got rid of the core 1000 at 22 83....it then went to 22 93 which i shorted then up to 23 10,then i was pissed, but covered with releif at 2298 only to watch it plummet to 22 25 within 1 hr!

Trading....!

#17     Jan 15, 2008
  8. They say the Fed is holding an emergency meeting.

#18     Jan 15, 2008
  9. I call BS on the post above and the YM is back to where it was a couple hours ago. Get ready for an ugly morning gents.

#19     Jan 15, 2008
  10. Source? (doesn't have to be a link, just curious where you heard it)

#20     Jan 15, 2008