We're not alone, says Vatican

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Dec 17, 2009.

1. wrong, above average behavior from you ! 100% and some more :cool:

Don't care of the costume or the color of the guy... if he is doing wrong he is bad.

Peace be upon him...

#11     Dec 17, 2009
  2. Mvic

Mvic

Only 1.5 to 5% were involved in child sex abuse! I had to do a double take at that, I had no idea that it was so high, and they think that those numers put the church in a good light? How many would have anything to do with any other organization that claimed those numbers?

I shouldn't be surprised I suppose as the more dogmatic the religion the more screwed up its priests and acolytes generally speaking. Hopefully over time people will come to realize that anyone's individual interpretation of a divine is as valid as anyone else's and certainly more so than those who hold to an illogical myth of a loving merciful omnipotent and omnipresent being concerned with the plight of indvidual humans despite all evidence to the contrary.

#12     Dec 17, 2009
  3. Ricter

Ricter

That does seem high. Did you note what the rate is in the general population?

#13     Dec 17, 2009

4. No accountability in the huge denominations. Who besides the Amish put basic requirements on their flock and clergy?

#14     Dec 17, 2009
  5. And the only rules allowing this is .... ... . .. the Golden Rules !

#15     Dec 17, 2009
  6. kut2k2

kut2k2

So much for the oft quoted TV lie about it being less than 0.5%. I always thought that number was suspiciously low.

The main cause of Catholic priests quitting the job is wanting to get married and lead a normal life. Is it any surprise that a celibate priesthood would attract gay males and pedophiles like honey attracts bears? I don't doubt there are child-abusing clergy in every other religion, but what other extant religion set themselves up for it so perfectly as the Vatican did?

#16     Dec 17, 2009
  7. maxpi

maxpi

Oh well then, it's ok if they do it too I suppose..

I like that part about how the Catholic Church is busy cleaning it's own house.. yeah right, LOL...

#17     Dec 17, 2009