We're not alone, says Vatican

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Dec 17, 2009.

1. This is gonna start some shit, but this needs to be thrown into the religion argument here at ET.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/sep/28/sex-abuse-religion-vatican

"In a defiant and provocative statement, issued following a meeting of the UN human rights council in Geneva, the Holy See said the majority of Catholic clergy who committed such acts were not paedophiles but homosexuals attracted to sex with adolescent males."

2. Are they talking about Obama's Safe School Czar, Kevin Jennings?

3. stu

stu

They'll never learn if they haven't learned by now.
    Catholicks still not living by their own rules and still promoting the religious ideal...practice what I say not what I do ...

• "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

4. the problem is all the people that speak without losing money...

Go to the Vatican to see all their Wealth accumulated trough centruries... while at the same time children were dying to accumuate this wealth...

In the middle age the fatest guy of the town was often the religious leader... It's say a lot about the values...

And worst is when they read and explain the teaching of the Christ when at the same time doing the opposite... pfff

Worst than that is that's nearly the same mess in all the religion of the World... People are dying, "priest" are feed... And they want to teach us moral or ethic ?

( i am sad there isn't a middle finger icon on the left... :D ).

The problem is that when as religion leader you are facing a perfect world, you have no reason to exist. To exist you need to make thing to your food provider ( the people who will pay for your food ) that what you say is important ^^ or what you do...
    I clearly think that religious leader have a role to play... like when people are dying or going to marry... as friend... not as fucking moneyvampire ( the problem is that these people are to stupid to come in the Market Place ) so they try to make their weatlh in a "spiritual" way...

Loser isn't it word ? Then make you feel guilty for no reason... Follow the Golden Rules... Think about it by your self and the answer you need will already be there...

The worst is when they can not accept their Errors... like hidding the bad priest from on place to another as to bring him to justice. pouhhhaaa

5. A long time ago my mother tried to convince me to become an alter boy. I'm so glad I said nooooo thanks.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

So the Vatican is saying that clergy of religions the world over are just a bunch child raping homo's?

7. It would appear so. They seem to be sending the message that they aren't the only ones molesting little boys.

8. Ricter

Ricter

Not only are they saying that, they are saying that these crimes are more common (per capita, I assume they mean) in other religions, and even in families.

9. Bad mens don't need a churchroof to do their attrocities...

10. Ricter

Ricter

True, but we expect above average behavior from our priests. Are we getting it?

#10     Dec 17, 2009